Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue-fox

Man United Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Iheanacho won't play right up with Vardy, so its not a traditional front 2. Plus he's added an extra more defence minded midfielder in there in Choudhury. I think its actually more balanced than you think.

Do you think he's a better shout than Harvey Barnes though? I find Barnes capable of that grit required off the ball to really get in players faces whilst being extremely direct on the ball when he's forcing the issue. Maybe I just don't give Ihneanacho enough credit.

Edited by PickledRick

I do like the line up but my once concern is that we are playing into their hands by being overly defensive. 

The teams that have been successful against them have been the ones that have attacked them.  Hopefully we are still planning to get at them and dont hope to play for a 0-0 

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Media team's version of the formation...

1071773832_Screenshot2020-07-26at15_07_47.thumb.png.4090a3407bf98b550fa2d6b0d7b9a60a.png

That can't be right, why would Evans be on the right side of a back three?

Evans and Justin must be the other way round.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PickledRick said:

Williams is very good, but since his head bash a few games ago he's been extremely cautious and had a terrible time vs Bowen at West Ham. Likely a confidence thing but he's still on better form than Wan Bissaka, who has been space jam'ed for us for a while now.

I don't know, the two or three times I've seen him he's had torrid games, but I'll take your word for it as you know more about him obviously. I'm just glad it's not Shaw, who seems to have a much better understanding with Rashford.

Jesus thats as negative as you'll get. Its what the people wanted, lets hope its enough.

Best we can hope for first half is not to concede as there is not enough goal threat in thay team. 

All i ask is that we dont end this game having regrets that we didnt go for it

6 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Excellent, they've started Williams, he's dogshit. We should be targeting him for all we're worth.

he has been v good earlier in the season when he’s played.  He is the least experienced of their back four for sure but to call him dogshit is arrogant and might is say, a little foolish ...... what happens if he has a stormer ???

Edited by st albans fox

Pretty much the line-up a lot of us on here were asking for all week. Proof Brendan reads FoxesTalk :ph34r:

Come on boys, it's still hope rather than expectation that we get the win we need after recent weeks, but please do us proud. 🙏

• Like 1

Would like to have seen Gray or Barnes starting, a pacy outlet seems like a good option to me. I'm a bit concerned that that's quite a negative approach.

Anyway, fingers crossed.

Edited by Paddy.

Despite all of our defensive woes, Maguire is no VVD.  Get into them and play it over his head. Plus Maguire loves the old Carragher ‘holding’ whilst defending corners. COYB -  one last push. Do it for the memory of Vichai!

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

he has been v good earlier in the season when he’s played.  He is the least experienced of their back four for sure but to call him dogshit is arrogant and might is say, a little foolish ...... what happens if he has a stormer ???

Ok I'll happily admit I don't know much about him, but the few times I have seen him play he's been made a fool of. I'm glad it's him and not Shaw.

• Like 1