Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Villa post match

Missing 5 of our starting XI we did pretty well to keep it tight.

But that’s two home games running we’ve failed to create a single chance. That’s not good enough.

Was disheartening to see that they were the more likely team to score after they took the lead in injury time, all the game was in our half. In fact, I watched the second half and the ball was in our half for the vast majority of it, don’t really remember us having a sustained spell of pressure at all. As such, I think we deserve to lose if we get pinned in and dominated at home to Villa - ultimately we’re hamstrung by injuries and not being very good or very well coached 

• Thanks 1

At 0-0 we switched defensive mid when Barnes was clearly blowing.......we are the HOME TEAM and playing for EUROPEAN FOOTBALL....too negative and we paid the price. 

Its the Bournemouth game all over again. Tried to protect the point(s) far too early. 

• Like 2

Second half particularly weak. I think BR is happy losing games when good players are injured. Seems to be a ready made excuse for him, but there's still good players out there. Fair play to villa. Organised and up for it. Hard not to be jealous. 

Controversial opinion but is Evans becoming a liability? I know it's sacrilege to criticise him on here but imo he's been woeful since Bournemouth.

• Like 1

Just now, Dames said:

Another false dawn has come to an end. Rodgers really can’t have long left to turn it around our overall form has been poor for 10 months.

Good debut from the new lad though. 

maddisons not fit, barnes has a serious off night but didnt deserve to lose that

disapointed

anyone really surprised tbh, bringing on Hamza, whats the point unless Mendy was injured,

BR needs to buck up his ideas imo, as frankly the last 2 performances have been crap, and might i add the 3 wins this season shouldnt paper over the cracks how we played 2nd half of last seasn,

we need more multi game plans and at times he looks like he only has 1

• Like 1