Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool A Post Match Thread

Just now, Dandy king said:

Liverpool made no mistakes in that game really, apart from hitting the post 9 times instead of scoring. That's a big part of why they're one of the best teams in the world. But I do agree that it's frustrating with the ' keep them out for sixty minutes and then nick a goal ' philosophy. We clearly have players that can compete, so go do it. 

I think in Rodgers defence we have shown precious little evidence of ever really taking it to the top teams home or away and we were demanding some sort of change in approach. This season we have executed it almost perfectly away from home and I fully understand how we went in to tonight's game. Yet we defended abysmally first half and had little zest and effective play going forward bar Justin so it was pretty obvious we needed to throw something else at them from the off 2nd half and he couldn't be arsed. Furious.

• Like 1

Liverpool were ruthless on our weaknesses today.

They targeted Albrighton's defensive shortcomings, just like they targeted Chilwell previously. They focused on our lack of physicality in midfield, and they were clinical on set pieces. 

We'll be far stronger for the return of the four 1st team players we had missing. 

Fofana's inexperience came through today, but he'll learn from it. 

Liverpool's athleticism is so impressive. It should have been a penalty to us early on but they were superb and 3-0 reflected their dominance. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

Liverpool made no mistakes in that game really, apart from hitting the post 9 times instead of scoring. That's a big part of why they're one of the best teams in the world. But I do agree that it's frustrating with the ' keep them out for sixty minutes and then nick a goal ' philosophy. We clearly have players that can compete, so go do it

I wonder how we could test that idea? 

ok lets get the obvious first

1.liverpool are going to win the league thats a fact lets not pretend that wont happen best team in the league and maybe euroupe bayern aside.

2. they press teams to death with a 34 year old milner, how they do it without tiring is anybody's guess ,I have my views  but I will keep them to myself, but it is mental and defies belief at times. its odd how much more running robertson does with liverpool than scotland as well. its almost twice the pace.

3.even facing that exhausting press the lads were meek scared and played without any bottle.

4. Maddison was horrendous he has the ability to play the 10 and for england, he played like a lazy ozil at his worse. Lacked character hunger and apart from five or ten minutes they kicked him, was a total no show horrific.never getting a england game now, ive defended him but that was abject.

5. Mark has filled in at right wing back but he hasn't the legs to go against that pace, time to drop out the side same with fuchs.

6. Was Vardy fit didn't make a sprint all game, didn't show for the ball he had no service but he didn't look right.

7. Barnes was awful, all tricks and know pressing or energy, he didnt work hard enougth and was as bad as he was against them last year

7. I wont attack rodgers as much as the players the shape was wrong but alot of today was a sheer lack of character and he has to accept part of the blame.

8. i hate liverpool and their plastic tourist fans

They are a special team and their squad is class most of their squad player start in most prem teams. They are the best team in Europe. Their press is something else and credit to them they made us look like a championship team which we are most definitely not. 

Write it off as a bad day at the office and work on getting some bodies back in the match day squad. 

Struggling to name a single thing we did well. Second season running that Liverpool's easiest game of the season is against us (I fail to believe anybody will be worse than that). I appreciate we have a lot of players out but the mindset was wrong from the off. The midfield barely gets a kick against them every time.

I just hope we get that game out of our system ASAP. I feel like the hammering from them on boxing day was a big turning point last season - mentally as much as anything. I worry such a shoeing could have a similar effect.

The good news for us is our next 6 are all very winnable.

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Bit annoying we still seem to shit our pants in important games... hey ho, we go again

...I have said it before, Rodgers goes negative in the big games and you can not recognise the team on the pitch!!!

Just not sure what he says to the players before walking out on to the field but whatever it is he needs to stop doing it.

Absolutely shocking tonight and all the team were lacklustre, you may have one or two off their game but not all the outfield players. It is a collective thought that crossed the line and totally the wrong mindset.

Difference between Klopp and Pep is he respects his opponents to a certain extent and tactically will make adaptions to exploit their weaknesses. Pep just plays his way and thinks it will always work. 

It was like they had more players than us, everything we don't like. Crowded Mendy and Tielemans, pressurised Albrighton and Justin so they just looped it forward hoping for the best. Maddison was the key but he couldn't get the ball. 

49 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

It’s not losing that’s the issue 

It’s failing to even turn up repeatedly against this opposition recently that really grates

This. I have watched teams like West Ham and Sheff U go to Anfield this season and put up much more of a fight against a pretty much full strength Liverpool team. Frankly embarrassing tonight. We looked like a team battling relegation, sitting 10 behind the ball at 2-0 down. Can't believe we didn't make changes to the formation and approach at HT.

The whole ineptness of our performance was summed up by their non scoring striker being "marked" by Cengo at a corner and hence being gifted a simple goal.

Kasper kept the score down and I thought Justin put in a reasonable shift. Everyone else was pretty bad, though. As others have said, really hope this doesn't destroy confidence again, like last season.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

Out worked tonight, they pressed everything that moved, we didnt. Sat deep and let them have it for far to long, and these are a side you cant do that too, far to dangerous,... Leeds showed how to play against them and fight fire with fire and give them a different dynamic to think about.

We couldnt make the ball stick or create anything and our offensive players were no on it tonight.

Never mind, onwards and upwards to midweek and the weekend. 👍🦊