Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fulham vs LCFC - Match Thread - 03/02/2021

1 minute ago, M0901 said:

Has he ever gotten a red card before?

He's never had a straight red in club football before. Two times second yellows once for us once for Burton. Not quite sure where this myth that he's a walking red card has come from. One bad challenge for the England u21s doesn't mean anything.

• Like 1

So hamza comes in after Rodgers wanted to get shot of him. Clearly doesn't rate him. Didnt he have a shocker in his last game against Palace too. Another bloke who has improved by not playing him. Harsh on mendy who for the majority  has played well this season. 

Just now, casablancas said:

Time will tell, doesn’t seem to bode well that he appears to be a threat when he’s on the pitch but he just can’t get a start. I hope he turns it around I do love a flair player and his connection to big soy could be useful. We know Brendon likes intelligent players who are tactically aware and switched on. It’d be extremely interesting to have a candid conversation with Brends in respect to his thoughts on under. Thinking about Ünder snd Ricky down the right doesn’t leave a great deal of cover. 

Yeah I'll be honest, I find it surprising he hasn't had a run of games especially with Praet injured because some of what he does is real quality. But Rodgers has shown with players like Barnes, JJ and Fofana that he doesn't care about age or lack of experience if you perform on the pitch, so if he's not being selected then I wouldn't really doubt him. When Albrighton came back in, he was superb, so if he's got a minimum quality threshold that players need to hit, then it's fair enough if players aren't hitting that level in training not to be played. 

4 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

nope, I was looking forward to this game and got me a sky ticket but I don't get why perez and nacho are starting ... makes no sense to me.  They have been so bad. This is not math two minuses don't make a plus.  Another game we end up loosing or hoping barnes will save us .... 

Part time fan? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

Seems a lot of our fans are unaware that Perez played the majority of last season as a right winger, have no idea who one of our subs are and expect us to magic a Vardy replacement out of nowhere. Gunna have to stop coming on this forum it does my swede in lol no idea how some of you lot function in life being so dumb 

You look so purdy!!!

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

You're happy with Perez starting??

Not particularly as I said In my first message on this thread. I’d rather under or Albrighton there over him if I’m honest.

Im really happy with 3 things though:

1. Hamza is in over Mendy is great news.

2. Nacho given a chance is a good thing too , much better than Perez at holding it up and better at finishing I think.

3. 433 is good for us. I can’t stand 5 at the back.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, but you are obviously incapable of entertaining other concepts without resorting to hyperbole, that’s the record on repeat. :frusty:

I also fine with this XI. :D

There’s no hyperboles. I’m much more confident with Hamza in over Mendy. If that upsets people, too bad. Hamza is no Wilf but he’s a better back up than Mendy.

Id play Albrighton or Under over Perez, only change I’d make to our team tonight from the available squad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think it's more he doesn't like his defensive work. He's definitely better than Perez and Albrighton in the attacking output department, I think he has more goals and assists than the other two put together! But in Albrighton's case, the team performed much better with him in it.

Under reminds me a bit of how Klopp takes a while to get players integrated into his teams. They need to learn the pressing and positioning side so even players like Fabinho and Keita took a while to get regular games. If Under is still not playing many games by April, then it's fair to say Rodgers doesn't fancy him. Right now I'd say it's still 50/50.

It's not his defensive work keeping him out. It's something else. I don't know what, but it's something else. His pressing stats are better than Barnes', so it just can't be that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Has he ever gotten a red card before?

Wolves off the top of my head and he has a habit of playing a great game but then he'll lunge two footed into a players legs at any given point. Hes a good player tbh, just lacks discipline stil which is why I see BR as not wanting him anymore.

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Erratic decision making, switches off defensively and hasn’t set the world alight.

He has played less than 8 games in terms of minutes across all competitions yet still has 2 goals and 3 assists.  That's the same as Perez and Albrighton combined.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

We can moan about our team selection, but come on, our first XI should have enough to beat that Fulham line-up. Mitrovic and an on-form Lookman are the only ones there likely to pose us any threat. Kill the service to the big man and they should by rights be toothless.

You watch Loftus-Cheek go and be good at football again, and their literal boob in goal play a blinder, now I've said that. :ph34r:

I bet many people said this when we played them at home, and they ended up fvcking us up.

I can easily see their midfield dominating ours, if Choudhury ends up playing like a headless chicken. 

Fulham are not to be underestimated, they’ve played some decent stuff of late.

Good line-up. Maybe I would have liked to see Ünder starting, but likely there is something BR sees in the other players skill wise in which Ünder may not have yet. I don't know if or if not BR rates Ünder, so I cannot make that judgement.  

Going to stick my neck on the line.

We're not going to win this. Hamza is going to make a stupid mistake leading to a goal for Fulham.

Happy to be proven wrong (and I'm glad to see Riccy P and Soyncu back) but I'm not feeling positive.

Just now, murphy said:

He has played less than 8 games in terms of minutes across all competitions yet still has 2 goals and 3 assists.  That's the same as Perez and Albrighton combined.

Let’s rule Perez out of that conversation immediately as he is shit but the reason our win % with Albrighton is so hard is because of his overall impact on the team and unfortunately Under hasn’t done the same which is why I don’t think he is rated.