Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

All about money not merit. We all know money is a factor but not to this extent which would be the final straw.

Leicester have been a shining example of how to threaten the big 6 in recent years. I'm sure the rest of the League and public/politicians will make sure that this business plan which has nothing to do with sporting values does not go through.

It’s not going to go ahead is it... Man City allegedly didn’t agree, PSG and Bayern also are not on board.

PL will block any attempts, made by the said clubs. One thing I really hope for, is that they come down hard on those clubs who wanted in. Those six in my opinion should be fined, docked points going into next season, and their first teams banned from playing for a period of time. **** them over. 

League of just 12 teams will soon get boring and stagnant. Traditional fans will be disillusioned and stop going. See how "big" or "super" the likes of Spurs, Arsenal of Juve think they are when they finish in the bottom three year after year. Good luck being the worst of the best!

Do us a favour EPL, FA and UEFA.

Cut them off, let them go, watch them wither and die.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

UEFA and FIFA are going to clamp down hard on the clubs and players involved, credit to the German and French clubs having nothing to do with it.

Yeah I wish, they’ve been pandering to these mercenaries for decades.

I’d really **** them over, dock them all 50 odd points so they get relegated. That will ruins their fun. Absolutely do not let the willy pullers get away with it. Humiliate them, and force them to rebuild. That’s what I would do, relegate all six. 

Teams have been folded for financial difficulties, why not hit these hard, plus if they get relegated then they won’t be going anywhere as they will be EFL.

So, dock those teams involved 50 points, send them down and promote extra teams into the PL for the next season. If they’re that superior they will walk back up won’t they?  

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Can only play who you play.  Those clubs cease to be English clubs if they join Super League.  Therefore any champion of a "diluted" PL is still the best team in England.  I think the though process of "nobody would care about the PL anymore" / "winning it wouldn't mean anything" are the kind of thoughts that the people behind this are counting on.

The only play here from the PL / FA / UEFA / FIFA etc is to call their bluff - whether it's a bluff or not - and tell them to **** off.  Have fun starting at the bottom in 2-3 years when you want to come back.  I am very pessimistic they will take this approach and that they'll bend the knee, but the initial statement from today is reassuring a bit.   We often talk about how if a player doesn't want to be at Leicester, it's not worth it and to let them walk.  This is the same concept.  If these clubs really want to be in a Super League, you can't wilt to their demands, because it's fine now, but they'll be back next year and the year after for more.  And eventually they'll leave anyway, even after years of concessions.  

I wouldn't even wait at this point.  I would love to see the FA / PL come out tomorrow and kick out the teams from the domestic competitions immediately.  Even plotting this has to be against some kind of rules.  There is no chance this works without Bayern and PSG IMO, and that in itself is pretty conclusive evidence they are using this as a smokescreen to get the wildcard CL proposal through.  

Call me crazy, but I would absolutely LOVE to see a Champions League without these 12 teams in it.  Would be a lot of fun.  

Uefa should, literally  and figuratively, tear up the proposed new CL format with immediate effect. 

Announce a lifeban for any teams who resign thier membership 

Announce a lifeban for any player who plays in a private league

And add, no further comment. 

8 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

League of just 12 teams will soon get boring and stagnant. Traditional fans will be disillusioned and stop going. See how "big" or "super" the likes of Spurs, Arsenal of Juve think they are when they finish in the bottom three year after year. Good luck being the worst of the best!

Do us a favour EPL, FA and UEFA.

Cut them off, let them go, watch them wither and die.

There’s also nothing to play for once the winner is decided. They’ll back down though.

Edited by yorkie1999

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Uefa should, literally  and figuratively, tear up the proposed new CL format with immediate effect. 

Announce a lifeban for any teams who resign thier membership 

Announce a lifeban for any player who plays in a private league

And add, no further comment. 

Sadly players will be obligated to play due to contracts 

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

When the fans are back, no one just let them forgot. Full ultra displays. Throw fake cash on pitches. 

Would not be the first time that Man United have had fake cash thrown at them

Screenshot_20210418-222657_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, Corky said:

Actually, just let them go to the real Super League and make them play rugby with the current squads.

Arsenal v Castleford first up.

With Castlefords own Mick Morgan on commentary. WELL I CAAAAAAANT SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's tempting to say fck em, let them go and watch them fall on their faces, but without the big 6 the Premier league brand is devalued. Smaller TV and sponsorship deals. Nobody comes out of this unscathed. 

• Like 1