Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Ham vs LCFC - Sunday 11th April - Sky Sports

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Every keeps bleating about how we have this amazing Fullbacks and Centre Backs.

But we repeatedly get done by a long ball front to back!

West Ham have done the exact same as they did in the home game.

Yep, precisely the same tactics. Sit with a deep block and hoof it long looking for second balls or a counter attack. Primitive tactics really but it's worked a treat. The first goal is a one in a million hit.

My arse dropped out on that 2nd goal. No energy, desire or grit. After last season as well.. they look like they've conceded the top 4 already. It's this symptomatic of BR? Probably looked at the train of teams behind us and thought **** it damage limitation time again. You watch him start talking the other terms up around us now and demeaning ourselves..

45 minutes to save the season, but it’s going to take a performance beyond our capabilities. 

No complaints West Ham thoroughly deserve that lead. We’ve been a shambles, and they’ve picked us apart like wet tissue paper. Whatever it is about significant games this team can’t handle it needs sorting, because it’s becoming an issue. We all and myself included said being out of the Europa league would be good for us, but actually it’s just another example of us not being able to cope with big games. 

Can blame Madders and Perez, but even those two in the side wouldn’t have helped, man for man we’ve been poor. We look timid, we look incapable of creating anything. 

When the going gets tough, we bottle it.

Can forget next week, if we can’t even get up for this how can we that? Lingard will end up with the match ball and a place back in the England squad after today. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

Don't think we've been too awful but have picked the wrong options when in the last third and then had a complete brain fart for West Ham's second. Got in some decent attacking positions so just take advantage, West Ham have been left clinging on after going ahead recently so must replicate that.

Most disappointing is that West Ham look more up for it than us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IsItMuzzy said:

The back 5 with Amartey just does not work. Negatively affects every other player in the defence because they're having to compensate for his lack of ability on the ball and lack of positional awareness. 

The desperation to blame Amartey for everything is bizarre. Both goals down the rhs, absolutely nothing to do with him. 

As for his 'lack of ability on the ball' his forward passing has been miles ahead of anything Evans and Fofana have managed

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

We have two of them sitting at home .....

Maddison and his cat?

I want to make  a knee-jerk statement....So far too paasive..we havent as a Team learnt anything...

At the Moment Top 6, I would Grab it with both hands...

Unless we change  game...we'll lose this 4 or 5-0..

We've been the better side, but they've been sharp when they needed to be. I'm afraid Amartey is an accident waiting to happen and the spring awakening of Iheanacho is appearing to be yet more wishful thinking by hopeful fans and the hype-upped media. He's out to lunch much of the time.