Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Palace Home Match Thread

It’s just yet another home game where we give away a really poor first goal in the first half and yet again it’s Fofana shite  no mans land defending that’s brought it about. 

Theyre closing the passing lanes well, we can’t get it in between the lines with any comfort.

Not a great half, reminded me very much of West Ham away - although at least we’re only 1 down. Clear penalty at the end there not given, says it could be a tough day with VAR. 

I’d swap Fofana with Albrighton and go a 433 second half. The chances we are creating are coming from quick early balls in the box.

The midfield trio need to get into the game a bit more.

Raise it just a little and the game is there to be won!

1 minute ago, The Guvnor said:

Palace sharp and aggressive, a fair summation of the first half.

As for us weak and passive.

We've not been weak or passive. They've hardly had a touch in our half or made more than two successive passes.

Palace have placed 9 men behind the ball and keep fouling and getting away with it.

We (and the refs) need to step it up and play quicker and sharper second half.
Probably need Ricardo and even Perez to run with the ball and draw defenders out of position.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not particularly bad but very far from good.

Think we’ve got worse as the half has gone on whether that’s us trying to force it I don’t know, that said I think we’ve become very passive, lots of sideways and backward passes.

Whilst it’s not been particularly bad we need a big improvement in the 2nd half.

Rodgers did prefer second half against WBA compared to first half ... what he wanted

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Typical of this forum. The whole team is having an off day and we pick out the young guy to complain about because of 2 missed placed crosses, apparently he's having a shocker??

Tielemans gives the ball away for their goal, Castange runs the ball out of play completely unchallenged and Thomas is having a shocker?

The whole team is off tonight 

He's a defender. He shouldn't be performing that role.

I don't think we've been abject.

We are the ones asking questions and it just isn't running.

They've had one chance and scored it.

If the ref gets his cards out and actually applies the ruleswe and if the ball stops bouncing off us, we have every chance second half.

2 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Unfortunately there is no way we win this game.  I'm watching the exact same game as last time they came here and beat us!  

The only was we win this is get two penalties. Score an outrageous 30 yarder or they make two mistakes. They’ve got us rattled.