Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Yet another 5/10 performance.

Grossly unfair that he occupies a spot when far far better players in Gray, Albrighton, Barnes, Choudhury and, staggeringly, Praet, have to take turns to  accomodate him

When we play Choudhury instead though it’s normally in order to play him and Ndidi with Maddison playing more wide which most people on here slate and I do agree it’s a bit negative and Likewise Praet isn’t really a winger, mind you I don’t think Perez really is either but that’s another matter.

Id say he’s competing with Albrighton and Gray, really, Gray is another one who gets stick for being poor, I’m not a fan of Perez playing out wide but can see how he’s managed to stay in the team, Gray surely you’d imagine should get the nod after today though.

3 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

There's been a pattern emerging for some time now, whereby a winger who has a definite impact after coming on as a sub gets start, only to look a bit shit, and is then replaced by another winger who has a definite impact. We seem to have plenty of wingers good enough to take advantage of a tiring team, but not one good enough to boss the same team for the first 60 minutes.

Yeah totally agree, none of them can make the spot their own! Wouldn’t be surprised if next match Gray starts only to be replaced at 60 minutes. 

There’s a real argument to say we should play 442 diamond with Barnes up top and Praet coming in. Barnes up top sounds ridiculous but we actually did that against Spurs for a bit. Barnes drifts in and out of games but he has a touch of magic about him. His goal against Sheffield United and today the way he beat his man and crossed to Vardy being good examples. 

The thing with Perez is even he’s also lacklustre, who else could we have got? This season Sarr for Watford and Iwobi for Arsenal are the only ones that come to mind and they are no better / worse IMO. 

1 minute ago, GorlestonFox said:

He's not a winger. 

This is basically the crux of the matter. Not sure what position he played for Newcastle, but doesn't look comfortable on the wing. Much rather have Albrighton on the RW. 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

He will be highly criticised after today’s performance and as he’s now had 10 or so games it’s hard to defend him, especially when Gray made a bigger impact when he came on. 

That said he does do some things well. He linked up play with midfield and Ricardo well in the first half. He also is very astute positionally when we are defending even if he had two dreadful clearances. For example he stand and maintains shape very well when running the high press.

But he’s a big money signing and his contribution in the final third is lacklustre at best. Take his skewed shot out of the debate for one second - more concerning for me is that he doesn’t make enough runs into the box to get onto chances. Ricardo is more of an attacking influence and he should be playing 1-2’s so he can get into a shooting opportunity. 

Every player needs time to settle but it’s hard to justify him starting ahead of Albrighton or Gray based on current form. Right wing remains the position where we could most benefit from a truly class player. 

I agree with most of this, but I think it's unfair to consider him a "big money signing". £30 million is not that much for a PL > PL signing. Also, I'd only really consider Albrighton over him, Gray has shat the bed every time he's started for Rodgers, I'd need to see a lot more good performance from the bench to want him starting again. 

Edited by Nicolo Barella
  • Like 2

He started brightly today and the two clearances aside he had a good first half for me..and linked up and created with some superb one touch stuff with Ricardo and Youri, they looked dangerous down the right.

Everyone will remeber the hacked clearances but these happen.. he was snatching trying to do the right thing in clearing the danger.. plenty of others int he game.. Evans got lucky, Kasper almost miss controlled in his own net. Hes a decent player settling in and giving 6 to 7/10s so give him time. Fans have been on Youris back for weeks... today he was superb.

Im a fan of Perez.. but hes a squad player not the spine of the squad who play 90 week in week out.

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

Sorry, that's nonsense.  There are nine Premier League clubs who have never spent £30m on a player, those that have are generally much bigger clubs than us so it is ridiculous to claim that £30m is somehow the going rate for a Premier League player.

£30m puts Perez in the marquee signing bracket, especially for a club like ours, but he is never a marquee player.   He strikes me as a £15m player.

We overpaid and sadly he doesn't have enough quality to improve us as we strive for the top six.  That's not his fault, it's the club's fault.  Especially as he was a known quantity.  We knew going into the summer that we needed to get Tielemans and after that to get a quality right sided player.  We had the money and we had already got it wrong once with Ghezzal.  I said it at the time and was shot down of course, but we will end up having to buy for a third time to hopefully get it right because Perez is not the answer unfortunately.

If we had signed him from any other league, I would agree, but these days all the PL clubs are so loaded they can hold out for a fat wad of cash for their best players. If you want to cherrypick from lower in the league, it's expensive as hell. That's why I wouldn't consider him a "marquee signing", although I do agree it's a lot of money for a player (and also that he isn't worth much more than £15 m).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

He will be highly criticised after today’s performance and as he’s now had 10 or so games it’s hard to defend him, especially when Gray made a bigger impact when he came on. 

That said he does do some things well. He linked up play with midfield and Ricardo well in the first half. He also is very astute positionally when we are defending even if he had two dreadful clearances. For example he stand and maintains shape very well when running the high press.

But he’s a big money signing and his contribution in the final third is lacklustre at best. Take his skewed shot out of the debate for one second - more concerning for me is that he doesn’t make enough runs into the box to get onto chances. Ricardo is more of an attacking influence and he should be playing 1-2’s so he can get into a shooting opportunity. 

Every player needs time to settle but it’s hard to justify him starting ahead of Albrighton or Gray based on current form. Right wing remains the position where we could most benefit from a truly class player. 

Let me say first,I have no beef with Perez,or any of our players.First 9 games,Team still finding itself,After new additions. L'pool & Man.City with several massive

buys,didnt Click overnight,neither did all their players...I Really Dont know,don t see,Dont understand these "Too heavy,Too Early criticism".

I am Happy to sitback and enjoy firstly the games,und Watch our Team,the individuals  & Club develope...

You are all Willing to get on a players case,when its easy to throw doubts around.....IMO far too much expectations are being put on our players,from sources that

Should First prioritise in supporting & encouraging them,especially in the First half of the season.

Our general performances are up,the Team (First 16-17 players)is moving forward,the results count,Not the should of ,could ofs,during individual moments,during any given game. ..Too many going far into Detail und over-analysing every Single moment,then letting some slip-ups,Stick with individuals,while easy  forgetting their Good movements...

I said I aint complaining, !! It seems I have more patience towards the players than most..!!

but if you want to Chase down slip-ups,or avg-performances, Why Not Tielemans or Ricarrdo...they have both Made Big concentration errors,

That have cost us goals..!!! On more than one occasion.   Vardy hasnt converted reasonable chances,but it seems ist  not Good form to have a dig at our individual favourites...Burnley Two Major attacks,which could/should of got them a point...were Lack of concentration from Tielemans,but These things happen during a game....I wont get on any of our players case.I find so many Posters Love nothing more than creating issues among the shadows,they go expecting someone

to go on & cock-up,so they Build up doubt over individual players..Perez hasnt been playing regularly for us yet for 2 months,

less than the Time it took this forum to realise that Pieriera,was a Great investment...Many even wanted to send him out on loan,just like this season Soyuncu..!!!  Really..:crylaugh:

Even Gray it seems,is starting to bet into some Posters Good books....probably I have a long-patience-line,or I am easily entertained,but getting het up,over how players Develope and perform,and it should be obvious to everyone,is not my game....

As supporters,its this Club especially whos supporters should be more willing to give space & Show patience,to the individuals wearing that foxes badge...

We have or have had so many Legends that have Left Egg on many quick-on-the-moan supporters faces...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Let me say first,I have no beef with Perez,or any of our players.First 9 games,Team still finding itself,After new additions. L'pool & Man.City with several massive

buys,didnt Click overnight,neither did all their players...I Really Dont know,don t see,Dont understand these "Too heavy,Too Early criticism".

I am Happy to sitback and enjoy firstly the games,und Watch our Team,the individuals  & Club develope...

You are all Willing to get on a players case,when its easy to throw doubts around.....IMO far too much expectations are being put on our players,from sources that

Should First prioritise in supporting & encouraging them,especially in the First half of the season.

Our general performances are up,the Team (First 16-17 players)is moving forward,the results count,Not the should of ,could ofs,during individual moments,during Amy given game. ..Too many going far into Detail und over-analysing every Single moment,then letting some slip-ups,Stick with individuals,while easy  forgetting their Good movements...

I said I aint complaining, !! It seems I have more patience towards the players than most..!!

but if you want to Chase down slip-ups,or avg-performances, Why Not Tielemans or Ricarrdo...they have both Made Big concentration errors,

That have cost us goals..!!! On more than one occasion.   Vardy hasnt converted reasonable chances,but it seems ist  not Good form to have a dig at our individual favourites...Burnley Two Major attacks,which could/should of got them a point...were Lack of concentration from Tielemans,but These things happen during a game....I wont get on any of our players case.I find so many Posters Love nothing more than creating issues among the shadows,they go expecting someone

to go on & cock-up,so they Build up doubt over individual players..Perez hasnt been playing regularly for us yet for 2 months,

less than the Time it took this forum to realise that Pieriera,was a Great investment...Many even wanted to send him out on loan,just like this season Soyuncu..!!!  Really..:crylaugh:

Even Gray it seems,is starting to bet into some Posters Good books....probably I have a long-patience-line,or I am easily entertained,but getting het up,over how players Develope and perform,and it should be obvious to everyone,is not my game....

Has supporters,its this Club especially whos supporters should be more willing to give space & Show patience,to the individuals wearing that foxes badge...

We have or have had Legends that have Left Egg on many quick-on-the-moan supporters faces...

I think Vardy has been very clinical, back to his best so far this season. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Our general performances are up,the Team (First 16-17 players)is moving forward,the results count,Not the should of ,could ofs,during individual moments,during any given game. ..Too many going far into Detail und over-analysing every Single moment,then letting some slip-ups,Stick with individuals,while easy  forgetting their Good movements...

As supporters,its this Club especially whos supporters should be more willing to give space & Show patience,to the individuals wearing that foxes badge...

We have or have had so many Legends that have Left Egg on many quick-on-the-moan supporters faces...

Yes for what it's worth I am in your camp. Some players I can think of in recent times that took a while to really get going include Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and Caglar Souncu. They haven't turned out too badly since, eh?

But at the same time for £30m, I can understand those that have written him off. After 10 games and an extended run in the team, that's a fair amount of time to judge someone IMO. Clubs like Man City and Chelsea have casted plenty off in such time, even if they later went onto prove themselves such as KDB, Salah and Lukaku all at Chelsea or Iago Aspas at Liverpool (doing very well in Spain).

10 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think Vardy has been very clinical, back to his best so far this season. 

That's putting it mildly! As Rodgers says, Vardy is top class. I am pretty sure statistically he's the most clinical striker in the division as he really doesn't get too many chances. Although today, I felt he could have done better with that one on one he had. Scoring would have been tough, but he could have worked the keeper! Still great all round play though, the guy really is a living legend.

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

No one can question whether or not he’s good enough for this level, he’s proven he is at Newcastle. 

9 games in and no goals is disappointing, but his work rate and a few assists, along with his neat touches in some of our moves has improved us, even if we were hoping for a bit more impact in the goals department so far.

He’s just settling in, second half of the season he’ll probs score 10 goals and everyone will be saying he’s world class...

That doesn’t wash I’m afraid.

If folk are serious about cracking the top six as so many claim on here we are,  we can’t be talking about being happy with players who have been average premier league players at average premier clubs clubs coming here and failing to  show they are ready to take the step up. 

He looked better coming off the bench before the international break and that’s where I’d be putting him after today.

he looks nothing like getting 10 goals at the moment.

• Like 2

I dont think he looks as bad as people make out! There's always a scapegoat every season and it seems to be him! To me he looks bigger and stronger than the guy that played for newcastle. Decent interplay etc.  But come January and if we're in the top 4! we should spend the £50m left from maguire on someone like Leon Bailey!

• Like 2