Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Everton Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Genuine question - replace him with who?

In all honesty, I don’t know. We can’t carry on like this though. We are the WORST team in the league at the minute and look clueless. 

Rodgers has a history of taking teams to a certain point and then falling off a cliff. I honestly believe he is done and we would be best cutting ties and hiring another manager. 

the all important question is who!?

We have become the new Spurs. Bottle Jobs.

no desire or commitment and obviously couldn’t give a fu@k about finishing in the top four. 

kiss our season good bye as we’re in free fall. 

what has gone wrong since the first half of the season? To much player power and obviously want Rodgers gone so have stopped playing for him like they did for the other previous mangers. 

time for a summer clear out. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

Am the only one that thinks we played pretty well. No way do we deserve to be losing, let alone 2-0. 

Everton don't need to attack, they're 2-0 up. If it was still 0-0 it'd be a completely different approach, we'd be dicking about with it at the back and losing it in midfield. Instead we're just wasting the ball at every opportunity

this formation just isn’t working anymore. we’re not good enough on the wings, yet every single attack comes from them. when do we ever pick the ball up in the middle of the park and play it forward? 4-1-2-1-2 for the rest of the season

Just now, Cameron Davidson said:

Well, that started well.... everyone seems really inaccurate, the amount of balls behind, missing target, off wide, to the wrong man...

he played amazingly against Villa, but Justin just doesn't seem to be quite ready yet, keeps getting caught out and passing to no one. I honestly forgot that Barnes was playing... 

Anyone fancy Allbrighton at right back with Gray on at left and Perez on right???

I'd try Schmeichel as a striker right now! 

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

Spend some money on attacking / flair players this summer or just give up and carry on with this rigid unimaginative style and players to match, and end up like Bournemouth 

I guarantee even Bournemouth will be us at the moment.

• Like 1

Only ideas we have is to cross the ball in to a team without anyone who can header. Solid work. I’m usually optimistic that with just a goal we’re back in it, but I’ve lost it all. Just don’t see where it would come from. 

Crashing out I’m in the worst fashion 

Madders on please, I'd also put Fuchs on to cover defence and let chilly get up and run, he can't keep running from one end to the other.  Barnes off please. Bring on kelechi too. We need 3 goals now ....

Edited by Hales

Another absolute horror show of a half. The stats are masking how poor we have been in the final third. First goal from Everton was easy, slick movement and a great finish. The peno was a peno, you can bring up all of the comparisons you want regarding inconsistent decisions, but stick your arm up in the box and you run the risk of conceding.

Its clear we have zero confidence, and zero belief, we’re aimlessly lifting balls into Vardy, or passing sideways and backwards with little forward thinking play. The season is well and truly done, whatever has happened to the lads is irreversible in the time left and with two horrible games to finish on we should be picking the point up now. 

Another one bites the dust, and I think it is now absolutely clear top four is gone.

We’ve just been completely shite since the COVID break.

That penalty decision is inexplicable when you look at the decisions we haven’t had go for us this season on handballs.  Excuses usually being the player looking a different way or part of the jump.  Ignoring the clear push on Cags, how can it be a clear and obvious error if it takes 30 replays and 5 minutes to judge?

But ignoring that shite we can’t hide away from the fact we’re playing terribly and deserve nothing.  Can’t see where our next goal is going to come from at the moment let alone win.

• Like 2

Is there any point in playing Vardy in this formation or style? Even though he’s top scorer the service to him all season has been dire. We are wasting him.

’Possession football’ is a failed experiment. Time to bin it off and play more aggressively. We are vile to watch at the minute. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Genuine question - replace him with who?

I always think when these questions come up its the beginning of the end. Staying with a manager because he's no worse than anyone else out there is a very small club mentality. 

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Am the only one that thinks we played pretty well. No way do we deserve to be losing, let alone 2-0. 

I dont think we played well.. but we dont deserve to be 2 down.

Boring, slow, sideways, uninspired... needs to be pissing down with rain and the pitch needs to be a mud bowl for it to be the type of game im watching