Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Good news that Liverpool are winning against West Ham. They'll definitely finish above us. Main thing is to finish top 6, top 4 as a bonus. If West Hamc and Tottenham lose today we'll still be in a reasonable position, provided that we get Vardy and Ndidi back soon. Until they're back, though, it will be a real struggle, I fear.

100% this.

Liverpool, Man City and United (IMO) will be ahead of us come the end of the season.

We're competing with Spurs, Chelsea, WHU and Everton for the remaining fourth spot.

• Like 1

The cream..is rising to the top....

Now After the Leeds defeat, lets see if the Next run, becomes spiral-down, or spiral-up....Bit

We are riding the cusp...

Our squad has proved it can take big knocks, but lets be fair, the recovering injuries are proving an Hamstring too far..!!!

All Teams at the Top & down to 11Rn have had 1-2 Dips in form,Leicester have had the twists, but still Holding Top 4.

Now we somehow have to First find again  that difficult to Beat mojo.....

Just now, Wymsey said:

Surprised that Bielsa hasn't tried to use even basic English language during his interviews, as he's been at Leeds long enough to try to.

Just a ploy so he doesn’t have to answer any difficult questions I reckon. 

Man City will run away at the top. I think Liverpool might be able to stay Top 2/3 if they sort their defensive injuries.

Then it's anyone's game. Man U should drop off a bit, over performed and if Fernandes gets injured then good night. Spurs are neither here nor there but could push. Everton and West Ham have as much chance as we do.

If we play consistently well like we can and don't collapse. Top 5 is possible. Just not sure we can. We probably have as much chance of getting 3rd or 4th as 5th and 6th, the league will be tight.

Also, Chelsea are not far off and with an unbeaten run, could join the party.

It's a no from me and I think we will not make Top 5. So let's go for the FA Cup!

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

The cream..is rising to the top....

Now After the Leeds defeat, lets see if the Next run, becomes spiral-down, or spiral-up....Bit

We are riding the cusp...

Our squad has proved it can take big knocks, but lets be fair, the recovering injuries are proving an Hamstring too far..!!!

All Teams at the Top & down to 11Rn have had 1-2 Dips in form,Leicester have had the twists, but still Holding Top 4.

Now we somehow have to First find again  that difficult to Beat mojo.....

We'll go back on the up. 1 loss in the last 10 in all comps with the run including 8 league games is brilliant in this league. In that time we've played an, at the time, pretty impressive united, Chelsea, Tottenham, Everton and a red hot Southampton. We've been fantastic. A blip doesn't change that. 

• Like 3

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

We'll go back on the up. 1 loss in the last 10 in all comps with the run including 8 league games is brilliant in this league. In that time we've played an, at the time, pretty impressive united, Chelsea, Tottenham, Everton and a red hot Southampton. We've been fantastic. A blip doesn't change that. 

Exactly this! It's a blip, we move on!

• Like 1

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Crazy that even though we had such a good run recently, we could find ourselves in 6th if games in hand go against us. A strong run can help solidify a good spot in the league from here.

2 minutes ago, Hales said:

Exactly this! It's a blip, we move on!

It is, I reckon. But days like today just bring back some bad memories of last year, so I understand it. We have less margin for error this year too with it being so tight, Liverpool winning tonight is a good outcome for us though. We could also do with Leeds doing Everton in the week too! 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Crazy that even though we had such a good run recently, we could find ourselves in 6th if games in hand go against us. A strong run can help solidify a good spot in the league from here.

With so many teams up and around the European spots this season it shows how well we'e actually done that we've been so consistently in and around the top 4