Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Man City (A) Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Team talk has got to be more positive... take Praet off and out Madders on. And look to get Vardy and Barnes running in behind. What’s the point in sitting back when you can force their defenders to run the other way.... once we did Walker ****s up.... come on boys, liven up. 

Praet?? Dennis has made some really good off the ball runs and if we weren’t set up so negative he’d have seen a lot more of the ball in dangerous areas

• Like 1

Despite being level, I just really want to see a little less respect and a bit more umph, like when mendy turned rather than passed back in the build up for a goal. 

obviously city away is not a game we’d expect to win but that doesn’t mean we should play really defeatist football. 

come on, city aren’t playing great. Step it up second half and we could get a result here 

• Like 1

For all their possession and territory, one stunning goal and a couple of shots straight at Schmeichel. We've not been carved open too often. Think playing this deep isn't helping but we do have a threat on the break.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tough watch, this. Volunteering the initiative to a team with De Bruyne in it is asking for trouble.

However...

If we are brave enough to make Man City work harder and sweat a bit - just occasionally hitting it long, turning the defence and pressing them into an error for example - we can get a point or three here.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well for a large part of that I thought we were watching a live training session, defence v attack.

Awful but given the evidence of how we treat these type of games (And many other type of games for that matter) it's to be expected, given our start i'd hoped for something different this time...maybe not.

Anyway, let's hope Brendan seen the difference and how productive it was when *shock* we moved forward and attacked!

Let's hope that gives us encouragement and belief about how we treat the 2nd half.

Please.

Spot on, hopefully we will play the 2nd half with intent 

• Like 1

If you’re complaining about Justin after that first half, you can be content that you have found your scapegoat for the season. 

Congratulations on getting it in early, I will personally save mine for whenever Gray puts on the blue or maroon