Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Sheffield United (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Perez good. He offers us more to this team. Control, link up play, holding the ball. He should be ahead of Kelechi when Vardy doesn’t play.Β 

Perez is often more miss than hit. What he does very well is support the forward press, he won the ball high up the pitch more times than any other in that half. Today where he's been much better is in linking the play and finding others and not losing the ball when it's played to him. The finish was of course great, but it's been his all round play today that has caught the eye. He's often (rightly) criticised on here for not affecting the game, but today he is a massive contributor to our forward play.

• Like 3

IΒ think the team and the formation has been good , a whole world of better from Fulham created loads and good tempo.Β  Β honestly we are unlucky to not be up in that half, its just frustrating because we have a had a bad run.

Β 

Β 

The most annoying thing should have been them scoring.

Β 

It's actually Carragher"s chronic verbal diarrhoea.Β  Complete numpty.Β  First, he defends Tielemans being wrestled to the ground, then it"s defending the ref having a little cheat with a made up rule by not issuing a second yellow..

Then there are all the other inane comments.Β  He is meant to be an expert.Β  He sounds simply stupid.

Β 

Sub him off.Β  Bring on the Ukrainian commentators from Thursday"s stream..Β  Their prononciation of names is non-stop fun and if they talk the effluence that Carragher does, I do 't understand them.

• Like 1

Perez has been absolutely sensational. Really impressed by him.

the sad reality is Sheffield Utd are absolutely woeful and standing off us exactly how we like, yet we are still not winning.Β 
we have done better than I expected but this Sheffield Utd team is really bad and there is no excuses if we don’t win this game.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Β 

Oh man.Β 

Β 

I mean, I hate it whenever we concede goals. It's horrible.Β 

Β 

But you've got to crack a grin at someone trying to be a smug **** and immediately getting egg smeared all over their face.Β 

No, my point still stands. We haven't played defensively, Perez who everybody was slagging off has been our best player. We're comfortably the better side.Β 

• Like 2

All Perez is missing is the regular goals to go with Vardys. He always does great work off the ball. As usual our defending especially at set pieces leaves us open to the sucker punch. Plenty of possession for us and we’ve had chances but we need to be aware of the counter.

We actually look much better today. But im sorry to say this, Albrighton needs to be binned. All he contributed is crossing the ball to Perez and Vardy who won't win a header betweenΒ  them. Albrighton is not built for the type of game we are trying to play.