Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton (A) 4-1 Post Match Thread

9 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Yoshida seems to be credited with their goal. Has there ever been a Premier League game in which 2 Japanese players have scored?

Nope it's a premier  league 1st. Feels like the 1st time shinji has completed 90 minutes as well 

Iborra is just a better version of kingy so the rotation was unlikely to make too much difference. bit annoyed we let them get up a head of steam for ten minutes second half. Simmo with a stupid challenge as the catalyst

the reward for shinji's brace will be to be dropped! The competition for places is bringing the best out of this lot. I wonder if king will retain his place. Is wilf going to be expected to play every game ????.

14 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He must have done it was the Southampton fans that called him boring, we didn’t know enough to form such an opinion and just went on his record which is pretty good 

Mills hasn't got a chuffing clue, has he? Like so many pundits these days, he's a clown who spouts nonsense presented as opinion.

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ended up with them only having 56% possession. Hardly dominated.

We certainly did not look shit winning today lol.

Oh and 'useless' King scored today. If he wants to carry on being useless and scoring by all means he can carry on.

Wish Puel and King would be shown more respect by our fans. Puel because he's got our lads playing some beautiful football at times and started to get some really good form going. 12 games and only 1 loss I think. That loss being to world class Man City. King because it's Andy fvcking King. Comes in for rotation of the squad. Does a job. Gets a goal. What more do fans want him to do? Any reason why Southampton found it difficult to break us down? Not saying it's solely down to King but he and Ndidi combined well together to slow tempo down when necessary to stop Southampton pressure as well as getting ball out of defence to the frontmen to take that pressure off and simultaneously put pressure on Southampton. To some, the man can do no right and it fvcking baffles me. Give the guy a break and get behind him for once. He's gonna be used a lot this month I imagine and he'll carry on giving his best. Get used to it and deal with it. 

Spot on. I thought king and Ndidi both played well tonight. We limited Southampton to few chances other than the Austin chance and long range efforts. King does all the unfancy stuff like winning the ball back and breaking up possession but our fans don't appreciate that for some reason. We know hes not as dynamic as Ndidi or as good on the ball as iborra but he is still a good squad player and showed tonight that hes still up to the premier league, playing against a decent Southampton midfield. 

Ps if Van Dijk is worth £50m as has been banded around, how much is Maguire worth. Looks good on the ball Van Dijk but thought he was pretty poor defensively tonight