Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Russell sprout

Adidas

31 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

What a ridiculous comment. I’m pretty sure whoever designs/ arranges the new shirt isn’t the same person who will have any influence over the teams fortunes.

the owners are very hands on re this kind of thing. however, this was sorted months ago so any current issues around the club will not affect release date/press releases etc

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

the owners are very hands on re this kind of thing. however, this was sorted months ago so any current issues around the club will not affect release date/press releases etc

More is to the point, to generate maximum revenue from a new Kit Launch is about 'timing'.  The time is not good at the moment with the Club performing so badly.  That was the point I was trying to make.

13 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

More is to the point, to generate maximum revenue from a new Kit Launch is about 'timing'.  The time is not good at the moment with the Club performing so badly.  That was the point I was trying to make.

Fair enough mate.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Would be a bit different announcing a new patnership with Adidas to releasing the new kit it’s self . 

11 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

There has been a noticeable lack of activity on social media in the last 48 hours. They're usually posting all sorts despite the result but on Saturday there were about 3 tweets in total after the match and only 3 or 4 yesterday. Thought at first it was because they were preparing a statement about someone leaving...

As for the kit it's the "last" home game on Saturday so I'm hoping we get an announcement some time this week. But others have suggested that might not happen before the end of season because we're changing kit makers. 

So I dunno. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

What a ridiculous comment. I’m pretty sure whoever designs/ arranges the new shirt isn’t the same person who will have any influence over the teams fortunes.

Spot on. They'll have some sort of graphic design team or whatever and that'll get ratified and then adidas will make the kit. 

Going on previous years the club will post spoilers with a release date. Couldn't care less if the first time I see it is the first game of pre-season to be fair. 

52 minutes ago, Bert said:

Spot on. They'll have some sort of graphic design team or whatever and that'll get ratified and then adidas will make the kit. 

Going on previous years the club will post spoilers with a release date. Couldn't care less if the first time I see it is the first game of pre-season to be fair. 

I guess there is issues re timings as our deal with puma presumably has an end on date.

But I'd like it avaliable before the summer if poss. Love being able to buy my boy a new kit before his holidays.

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

I guess there is issues re timings as our deal with puma presumably has an end on date.

But I'd like it avaliable before the summer if poss. Love being able to buy my boy a new kit before his holidays.

I'd imagine that's not far from the truth, I'm sure it'll be available sometime in July.  

How is it that people on here and elsewhere on the internet are capable of knocking up genuinely brilliant looking kits like that, but the people whose actual job it is to design kits churn out absolute shite so frequently? 

3 hours ago, Guest said:

How is it that people on here and elsewhere on the internet are capable of knocking up genuinely brilliant looking kits like that, but the people whose actual job it is to design kits churn out absolute shite so frequently? 

because the pros probably have to stick to a set template and may not have as much creative freedom as we do.