Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Not sure why Everton and their fans have high expectations when they often finish in the same position, moreorless, every season.

The amount they've wasted makes Rudkin etc to feel good about their own past mistakes regarding recruitment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Everton at the same stage last season under the terrible Koeman then Allardyce combo ... played 18 … points 26.

Everton this season under the very gifted and very young Marco Silva who has spent an absolute fortune …. played 18 … points 24.

Be careful what you wish for.

People still think he is 100 times better than Puel.  Even I was fooled by him at first but he does seem to be all talk and no walk to be honest.  Emperor's New Clothes manager methinks.  X

Everton still came here and did a job on us. I think some sides are just kryptonite to others, form comes into it too.

Hopefully they slump though. Something has always been off about Marco Silva for me and I'm not keen or Richarlison

4 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Everton still came here and did a job on us. I think some sides are just kryptonite to others, form comes into it too.

Hopefully they slump though. Something has always been off about Marco Silva for me and I'm not keen or Richarlison

Think if Morgan stayed on the pitch we might have beat them. Momentum had already started to shift towards us and then Morgan went and gave them a free win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Poch will be going to Man U in the summer, then watch Spurs slip.

This result doesnt change anything, Spurs will still win fvck all this season.

Didn’t know this was already confirmed? Thanks for sharing.

If Poch goes to United in the summer, he won't take long for that Tottenham squad to slowly unravel. The amount of players he'll want to take with him, the funny thing is even if Tottenham ask for high price for those players they probably won't be able to afford to replace with them with this new stadium coming. 

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I have no problem with Liverpool winning it. They play beautiful football and don't act like ten year old girls when they score a goal.

Nope - not since the wife dumped Salah out of her fantasy team, anyway ;) lol

EDIT: If Man City lose, they can blame my wife for swapping Salah for Sterling - they've been cwap since then :P;) 

Edited by PhillippaT

18 hours ago, Foxboy said:

Don’t see what the problem is tbh. They’ve obviously trained for him to play in that position.

He doesn't do the job well imo, and it seems foolish to play two players out of position when other options are available. If we lost a couple of midfielders and Chilwell to injury and we played Maguire in midfield, Iborra at left back, and Fuchs was on the bench, most people would be calling Puel a nutter.

Edited by Facecloth

23 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He doesn't do the job well imo, and it seems foolish to play two players out of position when other options are available. If we lost a couple of midfielders and Chilwell to injury and we played Maguire in midfield, Iborra at left back, and Fuchs was on the bench, most people would be calling Puel a nutter.

Fortunately Puel never makes any baffling choices so nobodies got a bad word to say about him! 

What's the guess on points to stay IP this season?

I always work out that the bottom three have a spike in results between games 31-35...then collapse for the last couple.

Doing the maths, I reckon Cardiff or Burnley could muster 34. Fulham and Huddersfield may as well pack up now.

But, it is possible as low as 28 could keep you up this season.