Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

If Demari had Albrighton's passing & Ghezzals finishing, we would have a decent player on our hands. 

But... if Demari had Albrighton's passing & Ghezzals finishing, he would still be miles off of Mahrez.... and I think we sometimes forget how much we lost when he left. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psychonaut said:

Exactly what brings you to this conclusion? Serious question Swan.. because I’ve absolutely nothing to suggest this. As I’ve said before he’s the embodiment of the phrase flatters to deceive and perhaps in that I’ve answered my own question. 

Youth and raw ability. The rest still has time.

Obsession with albrighton is bewildering! Leicester are creating a higher profile ie stadium/training ground/wage structure. Players like albrighton are just not at the level Leicester fans think he is. If he was put on the transfer list tomorrow only championship teams and premiership teams in a relagation battle would come calling. His work rate and attitude can’t be questioned. But for some reason he only players well against the top six and doesn’t play well against any below. Gets dropped and only performs well against those teams coming off the bench. Resulting in fans thinking he should be starting. He’s an average footballer

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Interesting stats on our wingers.... Ghezzal isn't as bad as people making out when you read that

skysports-leicester-wingers_4547700.jpg

The fans just love a scapegoat. Mahrez did equally as frustrating things as Ghezzal but Mahrez could always get away with it through pulling something magic out of the bag. 

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Obsession with albrighton is bewildering! Leicester are creating a higher profile ie stadium/training ground/wage structure. Players like albrighton are just not at the level Leicester fans think he is. If he was put on the transfer list tomorrow only championship teams and premiership teams in a relagation battle would come calling. His work rate and attitude can’t be questioned. But for some reason he only players well against the top six and doesn’t play well against any below. Gets dropped and only performs well against those teams coming off the bench. Resulting in fans thinking he should be starting. He’s an average footballer

Totally agree. I absolutely admire the guy.. Spot on attitude, immense workrate a very decent sub to come.on and rightly an immortal.

But my heart sinks when he's playing. He's nowhere near the creativity, touch or style we now require to break down teams. There's a myth about his crossing ( rubbish 5 out of 6 crosses) and his set piece is a nightmare.

I'd select Gray's erratics over Albrighton every time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

If Demari had Albrighton's passing & Ghezzals finishing, we would have a decent player on our hands. 

But... if Demari had Albrighton's passing & Ghezzals finishing, he would still be miles off of Mahrez.... and I think we sometimes forget how much we lost when he left. 

We only have one ghezzal didn't we? 

4 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

We only have one ghezzal didn't we? 

No, we have 2. We have the Ghezzal that's skillful and finds top bins when he shoots and we have the Ghezzal that won a competition on the back of a box of Kellogs. Claude switches them up for a laugh

Thought both Barnes and Gray were excellent today. We play so much better when we are chasing a game and have to go out and attack and are genuinely more aggressive and direct. 

It suits so many of our attacking players and even Vardy looked good as well.

Puel has to get us playing with that mentaliteeeeeee from the start!

Excited to see Barnes start again and Gray should also keep his place. Just hope Puel doesn't drop either of them, like he did with Choudary today. Players should be rewarded and encouraged. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

As a positive from today, I thought Barnes did pretty well, got a bit lucky for the goal, but you can't say he looks out of place in our team. Hopefully by the end of the season he will be used to Premier league football and will be a key player for us next season.

I thought he was one of our better players today and certainly looks comfortable in PL. Disappointed he got subbed. Gray or Simpson should have been subbed out for Maddison instead.

He made a ton of mistakes in the first half, but responded well in the second. The class he has is there for all to see.

As with many of our young players he is still raw and needs experience, but having a game like that with the boo-boys will be good character building.

He will be an important part of Leicester City Football Club for some time.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Great to see him start today - can't have been easy though with all the Wolves fans on his back. 

Was anyone else surprised (confused?) that Puel played him on the left and Gray at number 10, rather than the other way round? 

Not really, Gray has had enough chances on the left and Barnes mostly played there for West Brom.

53 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Puel was screaming for the players to give Harvey the ball in the second half. He’s above the level of some of our players, which could be seen at times today. He was making runs or looking for passes that the likes of Ndidi, Mendy and Simpson couldn’t see. 

... So Puel takes him off ?