Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Wolves A Match Thread

1 minute ago, steflcfc said:

Managers can’t help players making glaringly obvious mistakes.

They should know the game enough that some of the play they struggle with is just footballing basics.

The mistakes against Southampton,  cost us 2 goals and today it’s cost us 2 goals.

Everything can’t always fall on the managers head.....we have had this numerous times.....but the players must take responsibility for their mistakes and poor performances.

Todays goals Gray dithering in possession and the second Morgan ball watching and Schmeichel I think should have done better, like he should have with Southamptons second goal the other week.

Just wish some of these players would put the effort and work rate off the ball like Ricardo does.

But the players who make the mistakes then start the next game, which IS the managers fault.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Other than Hamza (who is also a defensive player), we don't have any other CDMs. Which is again an issue caused by ourselves. Where the hell is Silva?

If you believe latest rumours, on his way to his former youth club Bordeaux on loan.

No matter what happens we have looked exciting today and we have looked like scoring and we have been passing it around well. The team spirit has been impressive too. And make no mistake, as bizarre as it is, Puel set us up like this: the formation, the tactics, the belief in Gray and Barnes. I half think he's actually trying to change. Why, oh why, he got us to change in the wrong game is truly beyond me.

I've got a small amount of sympathy for Puel here ..... everything he's criticised for .... Lack of passion / defensive style / lack of early ball ..... all seem to have been addresses by him today ..... and yet we've lost.

Morgan I'm afraid is the main culprit for that .... It's time to go to Florist now Wes.

3 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

The root of all our problems. Are attackers are actually pretty good, it's just by the time they get the ball there is 11 opposition players behind the ball.

I agree with this to be honest. I have the most confidence in Hamza to get his head up quick and find someone.. Ndidi looks slow in the head and is always a second behind, gangly legs for winning the ball but thats about it for me - unless he improves. Might do him some good on the bench, he has played shit loads of games without a lot of rest to be fair. Mendy is more rounded and an all round better footballer than Ndidi but needs to be partnered with someone of better quality. Personally would of had Hamza and Mendy today.

Edited by bfox