Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, brucey said:

It will be worse in a couple of weeks. The ideal time to restart would have been now... by the time they regain match fitness, the number of cases will have started to slowly rise again. 

Really?

Why ideal to start now?

Just now, The Bear said:

Probably because people are going out more because of the relaxed restrictions and the good weather. Which means there's a good chance of a rise in cases/deaths in a couple of weeks. 

Not happened in Germany or Austria or Denmark ...... I accept that that the tube is a Petri dish though ! 

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

Both Germany and Denmark have shown an increased R number thanks to recent relaxing. 

Germanys went back down...0.89, went up to 1.3 before the last weeks relaxation...

Looking at These changes in R-numbers,to try and make or support any train of thought is a waste of time....

A few days,or weekly bounces,will Not yet give us any trends that shows any reliabilty towards deciding comparable  future paths,its just too early...

Edited by fuchsntf

19 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Germanys went back down...0.89, went up to 1.3 before the last weeks relaxation...

Looking at These changes in R-numbers,to try and make or support any train of thought is a waste of time....

A few days,or weekly bounces,will Not yet give us any trends that shows any reliabilty towards deciding compatible  future paths,its just too early...

It’s going to bounce around for a while now, and will probably be doing so for a number of years, which is fine, it’s the mass outbreak they want to avoid again.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, brucey said:

It will be worse in a couple of weeks. The ideal time to restart would have been now... by the time they regain match fitness, the number of cases will have started to slowly rise again. 

Which would have meant the players training during the peak period in the UK

10 hours ago, Pliskin said:

It’s going to bounce around for a while now, and will probably be doing so for a number of years, which is fine, it’s the mass outbreak they want to avoid again.

This will potentially merge to become the seasonal flu we experience

On 20/05/2020 at 14:15, brucey said:

I have been to games, but not often, as I no longer live in Leicester, don't drive, and sometimes work weekends. 

It really annoys me when the few who are lucky enough to go to games in person, think that the rest of us should be deprived of our weekly entertainment and escape, just because watching behind closed doors football on TV is not as good as going in person. We know that perfectly well, thanks. 

Isn't everyone being deprived of games? 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Which would have meant the players training during the peak period in the UK

Good point. I guess it depends whether you think players training or playing is higher risk, as potentially most training can be done with social distancing but games can't. Either way we probably have at least 4 weeks before any potential second wave starts to kick in. I really hope we manage to see it through to a restart, but whether numbers will stay low enough for the 6 weeks or so it would take to finish the season, I'm not so sure. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Really? Why even have a 'fit and proper persons' procedure? They're fooling nobody. If you've got the cash you're in, no matter how many innocent people your regime has murdered. Disgusting.

Are football fans going to take umbridge at this blatant sportswashing? Certainly a lot of Newcastle ones won't, although I imagine there are also many who won't support the club with them in charge.

Maybe it starts with opposing fans holding up banners against the Newcastle owners at every game they play. Or away fans boycotting St. James's Park. Or 90 minutes of booing every time a Newcastle player touches the ball.

22 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Is there a reputable source that mentions that this could happen?

Edited by Wymsey

4 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Really? Why even have a 'fit and proper persons' procedure? They're fooling nobody. If you've got the cash you're in, no matter how many innocent people your regime has murdered. Disgusting.

Genuine question. Is the fit and proper person procedure purely a financial check? If not then it needs to be scraped

because the precedent they are setting by approving this guy means nobody could ever stopped from buying a

football club in the future. Apart from the terrible human rights record in his own country it is widely accepted that

he was behind a state sponsored assignation on foreign soil.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Honestly, without hyperbole, this is ridiculous enough to actually start making me question my relationship with the sport. 

The UAE's investment in Man City is ugly enough but Saudi is another level again. And we're not talking about "a Saudi businessman" here, we're talking about the actual state.

I don't care who you are or what your politics in the context of the UK, Saudi is ****ing awful. I know we have some disagreements on here over left and right but I'd like to think most of us could unite in saying they're a government we don't want involved anywhere near our league. 

Real Madrid have had government funding for years 

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yeaaaah... I'm not really sure Spain's human rights and freedoms record is quite on a Saudi level in the 21st century? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Government funding isn’t in the spirit of the game but that’s only a small part of the issue. It’s the fact it’s the Saudi government that’s the big issue that’s unacceptable for me. Where will the premier league draw the line? Would it be okay for Bashar Al-Assad to buy Burnley or Kim Jong Un to buy brighton? Genuinely confused at what point they’d say no.

Edited by peach0000
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Government funding isn’t in the spirit of the game but that’s only a small part of the issue. It’s the fact it’s the Saudi government that’s the big issue that’s unacceptable for me. Where will the premier league draw the line? Would it be okay for Bashar Al-Assad to buy Burnley or Kim Jong Un to buy brighton? Genuinely confused at what point they’d say no.

That would be awesome lol

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

True that, I see your point in the regard 

7 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I would find it fvcking funny if either of those happened. It would be hilarious.

Guest Markyblue

I think it's fair to say the whole fit and proper person thing is a load of bollocks.  These people literally kill people they disagree with and they are going to run a premier league club,  not because they are into football but it legitimizes them, absolutely shamefull .