Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (A) pre match

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

Someone will need to get their shooting boots on because at the moment we're firing blanks.

Vardy hardly getting a look in still and the support strikers / AMs are looking toothless.

I think that's an overreaction after one game.

We fired blanks. Today. They looked toothless. Today. You make it sound like an established pattern.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, martyn said:

Think the fact they're playing midweek won't make any difference. 

Wolves showed no real ill effects of their trip this week, and Chelsea outplayed us final game of last season 2 days after going 120 minutes with Frankfurt in the Europa League. 

Draw would be a good result. 

it looked to me like they was tiring after 70 minutes a lot of wayward passing

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Really?

I don't think we should ever 'go for a point' - go for three and settle for one, maybe.

We need to learn that the pitch has a goal to score.

So until we train on that area we will only be able to succeed a point or less

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

I think that's an overreaction after one game.

We fired blanks. Today. They looked toothless. Today. You make it sound like an established pattern.

How can I do that when they've only played one game, it was a comment based purely on what I saw today ie they were toothless.

• Like 1

Need to set up positively - something like a 4-3-3, or 3-5-2 with Chilwell and Pereira as wing-backs.

If we lose possession the way we did today at times, we could be asking for trouble in this game.

The same players who played today would be best, but perhaps start with Barnes - as he seems to have more bite about him and eager to know where the goal is.

-

If we win this one, can see Lampard being heavily scrutinised already and - considering their quick hot-seat, hire-and-fire policy - may well face the sack..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Huh! just said we need someone to up their shooting surely a valid point when we've just had one shot on target, so yes we did struggle today to score, elsewhere we were ok. FFS!.

Calm down! Seems a few agree with me with your reaction sounding wayyyyyyyyyyyyover the top. 

90 minutes into the season and your saying Vardy hardly getting a look in and the other attacking players are looking toothless.

Maybe your wording in getting your opinion across was crap? 

Have a little patience . Ffs! 

• Like 2

Saw the highlights and they were truly awful at the back even if they hit they the woodwork twice. The Christensen-Zouma pairing was a disaster and they should never have let Luiz go. We could get a good result if they play like this.

That said Rüdiger, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi and Willian will be back next week and Kanté will play the whole game, so...

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Saw the highlights and they were truly awful at the back even if they hit they the woodwork twice. The Christensen-Zouma pairing was a disaster and they should never have let Luiz go. We could get a good result if they play like this.

That said Rüdiger, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi and Willian will be back next week and Kanté will play the whole game, so...

Isn’t Loftus- Cheek injured?

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Calm down! Seems a few agree with me with your reaction sounding wayyyyyyyyyyyyover the top. 

90 minutes into the season and your saying Vardy hardly getting a look in and the other attacking players are looking toothless.

Maybe your wording in getting your opinion across was crap? 

Have a little patience . Ffs! 

I am calm my FFS was in response to yours. I’ve also had a few agree with me.

I'm saying mainly in response to those predicting a big win that after today’s showing they need to find their shooting boots because with Vardy hardly getting a look in and the rest just shooting blanks we aren’t going to be racking up the goals. FFS!!!

3 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Not Maddison on the wing please

The way Wolves set up really isn't built for this. He isn't quick enough to take on and beat a full back, yet when he drifts in he hits the packed midfield. 

He seemed a lot more effective when able to drift around the centre of the pitch. But felt the game was screaming for wingers to stretch their defence and overload the wings allowing more space in the middle. We saw it with Youri, Ricardo and Albrighton near the end.

4-0 was a little harsh on them from what I saw, it was one of those games where a quick couple of second half goals makes it look more comfortable than it should have been. Thought they started quite brightly and pressed United well, looking quite sharp going forward. The problem for them will be at key moments in both boxes, they don't have the quality of the other sides in the top 6. Mount and Abraham to me don't look clinical enough to make the most of good positions, albeit Abraham was unlucky not to score, and Zouma looks far too rash. It shouldn't be an easy game next week, although we've played well there the last two seasons. 

• Like 1