Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Danny Drinkwater

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

And I think this is a really important point, and I'm sure some made it at the time. Psychologically, winning the title was harder to handle than we might suppose. And I suppose the club may not fully recover until all the heroes of that time have left or retired. Vardy has done amazingly since, but it still must be hard to lift himself over and over again.

I expect vardy is lifted by been a hero at the club, he knows we all love him.

Just now, Sampson said:

Some absolutely brutal posts on this thread I have to say.

"My dog and both grandparents died. I live away from my son who's the most important thing in my life and really miss. I thought living on my own would be great, but I've found it's just mostly being on my own most of the time and is isolating."

FoxesTalk - "**** off. No sympathy for you"

BUT HE'S MINTED INNIT.

Really feel for him, I know he left our club but gave us some absolutely cracking memories and some great moments I’ll remember forever.

I always try and see the positive around my football club and the people linked to it. Whatever else is going on in life, work, family, kids, births, deaths the crazy roller coaster that is life, for 2’hours a week, I sit down put the game on and my real life worries disappear. The game has my full focus and I’m happy (well most of the time). 
For the long ball over the top to Vardy, for the last minute equally against Watford, for the league titles and those moments of happiness he has brought to all of us Here’s to you Danny Drinkwater, the Leicester love you more than you could know...

I hope he finds himself a club where he can rebuild, I could see him at a Sheff United and I think he’d do well.

For those with no sympathy, I’m a little saddened but not surprised. The myth is still alive and well that money makes all our problems go away. It doesn’t and no amount of money can bring back or replace lost time with loved ones.

• Like 3

I hope he’s getting some counselling, his Instagram stories often leave me feeling a bit concerned for him. He does need to sort himself out though, for the sake of his lad, him and his career. 

ps Mahrez gets stick from me as he is probably the most unlikeable player that’s ever played for us. Never liked his attitude. 

Kante - only came to Leicester because his agent shunted him here with a release clause to get him out as soon as he’d delivered. Main reason we won the league so no hard feelings from me - in many ways it was a transactional relationship from the start.

Mahrez - again wouldn’t have won the league without him. The best player we’ve ever seen at Leicester. But he ruined a season where we were building momentum towards Europe and threw his toys out of the pram to share he cared more about himself than the team. Has since gone on to show more disdain for the club than appreciation. Deserves the pantomime boos.

Maguire - left us at a time when it was less justifiable and having achieved nothing of note. With the others you can see that it was never going to get better for any of them at Leicester and they’d earned the right to move in many ways. With us knocking on the door of achieving something again, Maguire piped up that he wanted to leave. Deserves all the stick he gets as much as he seems like a decent guy - you’re either with us or you’re not. The reception at Old Trafford clearly took him by surprise a little.

Drinkwater - clearly kicked up a stink to leave but he gave a lot over several years. Will be a legend for his role in that title-winning team but I have no sympathy for him chasing the greener grass and it not being so. I feel indifference towards him, have never booed him but also have no sympathy for his career nose-diving. It’s sad to see wasted talent but he’s the only one who can sort this out (three ‘wake-up calls’ later and he’s still talking about what he needs to do...)

• Like 3

I’m almost sure he has or at one point had a bipolar diagnosis. I maybe completely wrong here and apologies if I am. But I am sure I remember an interview with NFP when we were still in the championship where he described Drinkwater as a very ‘complex character’ who has always struggled with ups and downs. I am sure there was a little more. Didn’t outright state it but reading between the lines it does make some sense.  

like I say I maybe wrong but always stuck in my head and would not be angered if I was proven to be incorrect. I do feel for him though. I agree that he needs a fresh start closer to hole perhaps in the top end of the Championship. Best of luck. 

35 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I think he underestimated just how important our dressing room was to him, seems a fragile bloke. 

I was just thinking the same thing but specifically Matty James. As I recall they are best mates, shared the journey through the it's academy together and both ended up with us. 

For all his injury problems Matty has always seemed like he's got his head switched on and a model pro, losing that stability day in day out to then feel lonely and isolated could have been a huge shift in a guy who clearly is fragile mentally at the best of times. 

3 hours ago, evil jack said:

I found it very hard to find any sympathy in it. He needs to grow the **** up.

Absolutely this he needs to get a grip the privileged Millionaire he should have said yes ‘ there is no substitute for not playing even if you are getting a fat paycheck but nothing like the poor families trying to keep heads above water on about 0.5% of my wedge. ‘ whilst putting in 40 hours a week. Complete loser no sympathy whatsoever 

2 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Well thank **** some of the folk commenting on this don't frequent the depression thread, shameful stuff.

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Some absolutely brutal posts on this thread I have to say.

"My dog and both grandparents died. I live away from my son who's the most important thing in my life and really miss. I thought living on my own would be great, but I've found it's just mostly being on my own most of the time and is isolating."

FoxesTalk - "**** off. No sympathy for you"

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

BUT HE'S MINTED INNIT.

Oh give me a break.

If he's genuinely suffering from depression, then my heart goes out to him and I hope he finds happiness.

He was absolutely amazing for us in 'that' midfield.

But that interview does him no favours at all.

He comes across like a sad teenager.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

I was just thinking the same thing but specifically Matty James. As I recall they are best mates, shared the journey through the it's academy together and both ended up with us. 

For all his injury problems Matty has always seemed like he's got his head switched on and a model pro, losing that stability day in day out to then feel lonely and isolated could have been a huge shift in a guy who clearly is fragile mentally at the best of times. 

Matty James has probably more reason to go off the rails given how he lost his career due to injury. DD was fortunate to become one of our 11 Immortals. 

I personally would always welcome him back to Leicester as I would anyone of of the Amazing Leicester City. 

I am all for supporting Mental Health but its just a buzz word now that's used far too often by far too many people as a defense for a stupid decision or action. Takes away from people who are really struggling though you don't tend to find out about them until its too late.

• Like 1

I doubt Chelsea were really in for him in 2016 -- they may have made "inquiries" as the saying goes, but there was absolutely no buzz about such a .move. My recollection of 2017 was it was late in the window, and more to do with needing a homegrown player (coupled with Chelsea's spendthrift ways). It was the timing that caused the bad blood -- for 35 million, Top would have driven him London if the offer was made when the window opened.

15 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yep, some cringeworthy, embarrassing comments in this thread.

Not saying he should be lauded for his mistakes but crikey some here need to chill a bit.

So to sum it up bloke on 100k plus a week can’t get a game causes havoc nuts a team mate plays billy big bollox in nightclubs gets a hiding plays depression card. Media as always all over it poor lad etc. if he was that depressed like many in the country at the moment he wouldn’t be turning up for work certainly wouldn’t be going to nightclubs looking for trouble. Wouldn’t be able to face the world let alone do interviews with the ever forgiving media for a quick story. Sorry depression is terrible it really is but this is billy big spuds gone wrong. 

• Thanks 1

He overestimated his own abilities. Of all the players we have sold over the years, he is the worst. Even if he stayed here he would have been replaced by the midfielders we have now. 

He doesn't come across as very likeable, but nonetheless, I wish him well.