Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

CITY V Burnley POST MATCH 4-2

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Maybe I don’t know the rules anymore but why was wood allowed to push JJ with 2 hands for the first goal? The commentators didn’t even mention it? Just calling that good strength. 

Maybe I’m being soft, but it genuinely knocked Justin off balance and I was quite sure it was getting overturned 

I personally thought JJ should've been stronger. I was more surprised it wasn't disallowed for handball 

• Like 1

Just now, RumbleFox said:

The conundrum is, that creatively Maddison is probably our best player. But Tielemans and Praet both okay better without him. Nice problems too have I suppose. X 

I don't think Praet or Tielemans can lose their places at the moment. Gives Madders chance to ease back in to match fitness. An amazing problem to have and any of them coming on as fresh legs is going to be brilliant.

• Like 3

A bit shaky at the back at times but deserved winners. Controlled the game, played some lovely stuff and scored some really nice goals. Still got some of our most important players to come back and we’ve made a really solid start against two potential banana skins scoring 7 goals in the process. 

• Like 3

Very good team performance, standouts for me, Castagne, Justin, Barnes, Cags and Praet. The only thing that got me worried were kaspers clearances and the square dilly dallying across the back. But another solid performance against a tricky Burnley side.   Assuming it was SD who was heard shouting “put your fvcking foot in”. lol

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Maybe I don’t know the rules anymore but why was wood allowed to push JJ with 2 hands for the first goal? The commentators didn’t even mention it? Just calling that good strength. 

Maybe I’m being soft, but it genuinely knocked Justin off balance and I was quite sure it was getting overturned 

Quite. No idea how anyone can say he should be stronger, how are you not going to be knocked off balance if a lump like Wood pushes you with both hands

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Two games and lots of good stuff. Here is some of my thoughts after these two...

1. Is Teilemans a better player with Mendy. Ndidi is probably the best CDM in the league. But Teilemans has had probably as good a game as I've seen against Brom and Burnley; they seem a great partnership together.

2. Praet looks good...he offers something differ from Maddison. Powerful runs in to the box to support I saw again today

3. If Under gives us a greater goal threat. Vardy will be a better player. He is amazing player and his work off the ball and in the lead to goals will give his game a great dimension, Vardy is more then just a legend when it some to goal scoring his contribution today led to goals.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Let's show some love for Justin, yes he's raw and he can and am sure will improve defensively. 

He works his backside off and is a great outlet. 

He's a young lad that is playing more games than he probably thought he would at the top level

Both goals were down to him. 

2 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Very good team performance, standouts for me, Castagne, Justin, Barnes, Cags and Praet. The only thing that got me worried were kaspers clearances and the square dilly dallying across the back. But another solid performance against a tricky Burnley side.   Assuming it was SD who was heard shouting “put your fvcking foot in”. lol

And Jimmy Dunne

• Haha 1

I though Nampalys did a good job today and allowed Praet and youri to do some good stuff.

We looked shaky at the back and they got some good crosses in that caused us problems mainly down our left. 

Nice to see Madders get 30 mins. 

When Wilf gets his place back in centre mid at least we have Mendy available for cups as well in that position  

Made hard work of it defensively but it's great to be able enjoy the games again. Good this see us playing with positive intentions and look to create chances, and without Vardy scoring too. Barnes has impact, sometimes it will be shit but other times he will score and create, one of the first names on teamsheet for me. Praet growing in confidence, Tielemans and Mendy controlling the midfield for large parts. Castagne slotted in perfectly and it's like we have Ricardo back. Really hope he has same impact on left when Ricky comes back. Justin good going forward but needs to defend the cross into the box better. Let's not pretend Chilwell will getting huge pelters for those goals.

Overall it's great to be winning again, need to improve defensively but I'll take winning games like that. Man city will be a worry though. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

Maddison substitution for Perez made our shape go haywire for a while. Praet steadied the ship just as he was going to get the hook and Burnley getting on top . Could have done with Wilf in midfield for that last ten minutes but a good day at the office overall.

• Like 4