Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool A Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

Its the way we lost. We just didn't try it was almost as if we knew we would lose.

I don't think it was a lack of trying I think Liverpool made it look like that. They suffocated us and gave us no time or space which made it impossible to do anything. 

• Like 1

This result can be put to one side provided we win the next 2 to put us back on track. No one thought we were serious title challengers.  However, we are top 6 challengers again and we need to consistently beat the smaller sides if we are going to freeze and roll over for the bigger sides 

After a game like that just need to zoom out, learn and move forwards. 

We won't play teams like that every week and I think we will learn how to improve based on how they tactically nullified us (taking Barnes out of the game/targeting Albrighton etc) and attacked us with intensity. 

Best foot forwards. 

Edited by blue blood
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Schmeichel and Justin the only ones who can hold their head high after that. Wtf has happened to Evans? 

2 games for NI. Not pacy enough for their attack.

We need Wilf back, and Ricardo and Castagne.

And a striker in the window. When it isn't working for Jamie it isn't working.

Ouch. Not quite as devastating as boxing day but just as clear an indication that we're some way off the top!

Not sure anyone came out of that with any credit. Justin perhaps at a push. The rest were noticeable either by their lack of focus, energy, quality or by simply going missing for 60/90 mins.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfc cowboys said:

Liverpool weren't to good we were just very very poor and made Liverpool have there easiest game so far this season we done bottle jobs you have done it again just like last season

Liverpool weren’t to good? lol they could of easily had a few more. We played so poor because of the intensity they play at and we couldn’t handle it. Sometimes you just have to accept that we were beaten by the better team.

As for the second part of your reply, I’ll give that a miss :thumbup:

That performance looked like nobody at the club believed we could get anything from the game.  Outplayed and outfought from the first to last minute.  Can understand them setting up as they did as it's proved to have worked previously. But this time they looked to be going through the motions and didn't control the game without the ball. They got at us too easily with Barnes and Maddison in the wide positions and the back line looked jittery because of it. International break didn't do us any favours and other minor mitigating circumstances but a big lesson learned hopefully. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

A typical Tielemans performance against a quick side who play through the middle and give us no time due to the high press.

If I were an opposition manager against us I’d tell my midfield just to crowd Tielemans out and give him no time.

Not as good as Lee Cattermole or Jay Emmanuel-Thomas is he Col ;) 

Fvck knows why you pick him out above others, the majority were shit today, Mendy and Maddison were just as bad as Tielemans in that midfield.