Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 18/02/2017 at 11:44, pSinatra said:

Patriots Day

Mark Wahlberg's character single-handedly treats the wounded, leads the investigation & captures the perpetrators of the Boston marathon bombing.

A dramatisation of the events.  No individual character development, just a blow by blow account of events with some real-life footage thrown in here & there.  A bit too 'America - yee haw', but that's to be expected.  Doesn't tell you anything you didn't already know.  6/10

Just been to see this. Thought it was decent, but not the kind of film you come out of cheering or smiling. But I thought it was very well done, especially introducing the characters, such as the Chinese guy who escaped from the bombers and the policeman who was shot, earlier in the film, showing their life as the events unfolded before they became involved. Those characters, as well as the Watertown police, could have just appeared when needed, but they showed some backstory, which I think added something to the film.

Wahlberg's character is composite character of a few police officers who were involved, but I think everyone else was real. It just gives the film makers someone to centre on. If his role had been filled by 5 or 6 characters it would have spoilt the film.

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

The Founder-Not bad, most films are a bit too long but I reckon another 10 or 15 minutes of corporate intrigue would have made this film better. 7/10

Yeah I agree! They seemed to rush the end, which was a shame because I was hooked. Still well worth a watch.

Dawn of The Planet of The Apes was on Channel Four last night. Thought it was one of the better sequels. The digital FX was v good. Andy Selkis was in iy.

It was followed by Surrogates a futuristic Sci Fi where people had robots to play themselves operated by thought. Not bad.

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Had a peep at The Jungle Book to see how they had improved on the animation of the original ....     Hooked !!    Bloody brilliant !!   Great film for young and old.   Highly recommended. 

I thought the visuals were amazing but everything else was bloody awful! #I was excited to see it, and by the end i was glad it was over. 

• Like 1

Ricky Baker now you are thirteen years old,

You are a teenager and you're as good as gold,

Ricky Baker, oh,

Ricky Baker, happy birthday,

Once rejected, now accepted, by me,

And Hecter, we're a trifecta.

Ricky Baker, aaah,

Ricky Baker, aaah,

Ricky Baker, ah ah

Ricky Baker, ah ah,

RIIIIICKY, BAAAAAKEEER.

• Like 4

On 2/27/2017 at 06:58, The Bear said:

Warren Beatty. Not his fault I know but what a melt. Can't he read?!! His envelope said Best Actress and had Emma Stone's name in it.

The worst part was how he threw Faye Dunaway under the bus by thrusting the envelope under her nose after he'd read it a few times. He could have just said "This says Emma Stone, is his the wrong envelope?", but no he shoved it in front of Dunaway so she was the one who announced it, she's obviously scanned the card for a film name, spotted La La Land and said it.

Just watched Lion because every man and his dog can't stop weeping over it. 

If you haven't seen it yet it's basically an Indian Xmen where the kids can outrun a train but without all the cool fighting or explosions.  Turned it off after 10 minutes when one of the super kids gets stuck on a train and apparently can't just jump off and use his super powers to get home.  Stupid.

• Like 2