Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC V Spurs Match Thread 2020

Its to be expected really.... where is our quality? It’s all out. You could argue Vardy aside, our three best attacking players are out. Two of those who scored against these last time. The worst part is we have to play united next week, and that is going to be horrible. I genuinely think they could hit double figures, and will probably want to. Could be a very dark day for the club. 

We haven't played like a top four side since the 4-1 away win at Villa on 8th December.

Its no surprise that 20 league games on, with bottom 6 form, with a handful of players missing, that we are only as good as Brighton or Watford.

Edited by hamptonfox

Just now, KingsX said:

halfstats.JPG

Nothing unusual against a Mourinho team and we played right into his hand (not that we had much choice after the shameful Bournemouth defeat).

If you lack clinical finish, he'll punish you and he has the players for that.

2 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

We are even playing well. Son and Kane always have a field day against us. Thomas and Bennett exposed. And where was VAR on their first....? 2020 is shitshow really.

Would’ve prolly stood anyway. Kane wasn’t affecting play. :(

Hindsight we should have put an extra body, or at least instead of Tielemans in midfield but Rodgers would have been slaughtered. 

Naive defending and tactics. Going forward we're doing ok but only way we were ever getting anything here is being organised and solid, wing backs too high up the pitch. 

I’m as annoyed as anyone but that’s up there with the best we’ve played in a game that you’re 3-0 down in. Easily could have 2 goals, dominated possession everything falling for spurs. 

Just one of those days isn’t it? 

• Like 3

Sums us up that first half and why we’re not champions league.

Some nice pretty football but ultimately no edge. A centre half who shouldn’t even have been at the club if they’d got their recruitment right in January costing us with his deficiencies. Rodgers getting tactically outwitted in a game where he’s not adapted for the opposition.

That horrible combination of being a bit shit and having shit luck. 

I'm losing the energy to care anymore and I can see the players are too. Just let the big 4 have CL and Wolves have Bennett back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Come on guys - it’s hard to hold any, but we have to have some belief that our lads taking to pitch in the second half will put in a performance of the ages to turn this around.

Transmit some positive energy, roar them on at home and in the pub and keep believing until it’s over...

... and if it’s not to be, Thursday night football’s not so bad!

• Like 1

Just now, foxile5 said:

We've not been Bennetted over the last 14 or so games though have we? It's been a downhill slide. 

Don't get me wrong; I'm not calling for his head. 

However he needs to carry some of the blame. No signings in January because he likes a small squad...poor decision making. The team unable to hold a lead...poor tactics. Throwing Kelechi under the bus to disguise his own poor decision...pretty poor all round. 

I'm not advocating him going but i think he needs to be made to face his own failures here. 

The last is it 12, 14 games before the last couple we were wank, lazy and that’s on him. But.

Since  the last few games we look better, a bit back to where we were, and let’s not underestimate who is out, it’s a big painful list.

Should we 3 down now? Yes/no, probably, but my word, our defence, specifically Bennet, is poor.
Does make the Man Utd game a big ask mind. :(

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MarshallForEngland said:

You can in the sense that Bennett has to play the percentages and encourage Kane to either cross it or turn back out and play the ball backwards. He's so square on that Kane only has to tap the ball past him to get half a yard on him and have an unchallenged shot at goal.

It was hardly unchallenged but whatever. You can blame Bennett but it was a great goal in my opinion. 

Regardless of our questionable defence that, excuse or not, is in no way our first choice let’s be realistic. 

Their first goal was a lucky deflection that could have bounced anywhere and after that we had to attack. We can’t sit back. 

They then hit us two counter attacks. We will have to attack in the second half also and they may counter again. 

After that deflected goal we have to attack.

2 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

This isn't on BR. They got a fluke own goal which basically put the game into Jose's wet dream of defend and hit on the break. Our defense just isn't good enough which isn't really on BR given we have three of our main back line out. We had chances and it there was any justice one or two would have gone in. They didn't. I fkin hate Kane but oh my god do I hate how the commentators will w*nk over him any opportunity. Even the own goal they spank away making it sound like he'd done something amazing. 

Yes it is. We were always vulnerable on the counter with this setup. Whats also on Rodgers is the disgraceful form since turn of the year - he took the plaudits prior, so should be taking the criticism now. Absolutely livid with today, but its mainly because we should have been home and dry for CL weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

There is a silver lining. If there was ever a season where it wouldn't be so bad not qualifying for the champions league it would be this one. Can't see us being able to attend away games anyway with this pandemic. 

We are never having a Champions League chance again. United, Arsenal, Spurs all coming good again. We will be nowhere near it in future.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1