Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC V Spurs Match Thread 2020

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

We have been Leicester'd.

The obvious problem I see is the pass pass pass, too much faffing about, I just want our players to run forward with the ball dribble.  

Spurs doing counter attack very well and reminds me of us in 2016.

Barnes is starting to do that, be more direct...

but then....

he cannot ****ing shoot 

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

Unfortunately for Rodgers, 36 year old Morgan + emergency backup Bennett does not equal one Calgar Soyenco.

dont see what else Rodgers could do, he couldn’t play Wes in a back 4 at his age

Well for one, he could've set us up to play a cautious game with a narrow back four and a deep midfield, but we've been so, so open it beggars belief.

We've basically capitulated any chance of getting anything from this game within 45 minutes against the weakest Spurs side this decade and that is just not on when we've got so much at stake. It's naïve at best.

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

We don’t deserve this. And I say this as somebody who has been very critical of Rodgers.

We’ve played pretty well. Spurs have taken their chances, we haven’t.

How have we played well?

There is a champions league place at stake yet we cannot keep the ball under pressure and have been cut open by a spurs team who havent had to get out of first gear.

8 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Really need Bennett to give Kane a career ended here, I want something positive from this game.

You laughed at my disgust at this. Tw@t. Imagine a supporter of another wishing a career ending injury on one of our players. You're an embarrassment. 

Thomas has been great going forwards, but he’s lost the ball twice allowing them to counter.. Think he’s as equally to blame here.. he’s young.. it happens but those mistakes at this level have cost us.. Bennett should Just know better.. 

annoying because we’ve been the better side.

Edited by Shram

As much as I can acknowledge the current injury situation is playing a big part in these results, persisting with Barnes and leaving out Iheanacho are extremely worrying stubborn reoccurrences. 

Barnes is utterly abysmal & Iheanacho has been one of the sharpest players we have had since lockdown. 

• Thanks 1

Sad to say but Tottenham’s quality on the break, the strength of their tackling, the precision and timing of their passes, and of course Kane’s world-class finishing have put us - and our Champions League pretensions - in our place.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I talking about this match tread!

where we've crumbled in a pretty disgusting way again? Where there such a lack of passion and pride its painful to see? 

We're fighting for a spot at the top table of European football and they want it more... 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

We don’t deserve this. And I say this as somebody who has been very critical of Rodgers.

We’ve played pretty well. Spurs have taken their chances, we haven’t.

Exactly. Lloris made a world class save from Perez and they scored a flukey 1st goal. The killer was the 2nd goal. You cannot lose the ball like that from a corner then 20 seconds later lose a goal. 

Can't have our three CB's running back from half way line like that, they're getting slaughtered every time. Reminds me of the first half of the great escape season, as the ball nestled in the net Wes would just arrive in camera shot. With the side with got out and the bad luck of the deflection my biggest disapointment is that thord goal, seemed like a heads gone moment, just gone 2-0 down but still in it, full backs bombed forward and left us short, we've just collapsed there.

We havent played poorly. Been undone by some bad luck and a couple of excellent finishes.

Having said that, the naievty of the defending for all 3 goals was so poor. With our back 3 it is clearly a risk you get burnt by speed, but to show players inside onto their better foot, to allow yourself to defend 4 on 3 situations from your own corner just isnt good enough. 

The imperative thing now is not to get thumped. We have to go into the last game needing a 1 goal victory at worst. If Man Utd win 5-0 next up then fair enough, we cant do the job for them. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You can't deny Kane's quality but **** me we've gifted them this. Weakened side or not. What an embarrassment. 

No decision has gone our way and nor have we punished them with our chances. Fall in line Leicester, we ain't supposed to be here. I mean why should we when the commentary team are talking about themselves when Barnes is bursting into the box?