Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC V Spurs Match Thread 2020

We are missing 3 of our back four plus other injuries, we have no squad depth and sadly its showing. To lose half of a first team would batter most teams to be fair. We are in europe and we need to re-group over the break, make some good signings and come back fit and firing next season. Trying to be positive!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

What do we do at half time? Sub off Bennett for an attacker and go for it or bring on an extra midfielder like Hamza? :dunno:

Put Gray on for Bennett and go 4-4-2. It’s unfashionable these days, but getting sufficient bodies forward in a high and wide press could work here.

• Like 1

This isn't on BR. They got a fluke own goal which basically put the game into Jose's wet dream of defend and hit on the break. Our defense just isn't good enough which isn't really on BR given we have three of our main back line out. We had chances and it there was any justice one or two would have gone in. They didn't. I fkin hate Kane but oh my god do I hate how the commentators will w*nk over him any opportunity. Even the own goal they spank away making it sound like he'd done something amazing. 

• Like 1

Did we actually fine Soyuncu for his stupidity last week? That red card was so costly.

We can't finish, they can. We gave them most of the pitch to run into, they'll take advantage.

Season ends soon thankfully, we've been drifting for far too long.

2 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

As poor as Rodgers has been during 2020, he would surely point to our sell-to-buy policy being a major hinderence.

Top needs to get his debit card out in the summer.

You’re aware Tops family has made their money in airports? How much will this virus have cost their net worth? I don’t expect any spending.

We have been Leicester'd.

The obvious problem I see is the pass pass pass, too much faffing about, I just want our players to run forward with the ball dribble.  

Spurs doing counter attack very well and reminds me of us in 2016.

Just now, henrik_62 said:

It doesn't mean you fold like a pack of cards like what is happening here. You can't have that attitude that it's ok to get horsed as you've got a spate of injuries. 

Of course its not ok!

Just think some off the criticism is over the top!

Before the game, we were worried about being hit on the break with our three centre backs. Tottenham have executed it well.  We've created chances, but we are paying for having that back 3.  It isn't the end of the world. We are still in Europe.  Most of us expected to struggle against spurs and man utd given the injuries. 

Let's not be too alarmist. 

It's not this game that is going to cost us Champions League it's screwing up in injury time at Watford, our abysmal display against Brighton and the debacle at Bournemouth.

Only ourselves to blame, left ourselves with too much to do against difficult opposition with a squad that's been badly exposed by injuries and suspensions.

• Like 4

3-0 flatters spurs they have not been deserving of that scoreline just very lucky that almost every shot they have had has sailed in! 

I really do not want to see Bennett play for us again. Sunday league defending from him! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

I think we can all agree Bennett is shit. He’s not supposed to be playing. This is on Calgar for getting himself suspended for no reason

Why did we take him?  Not good enough for wolves.... Rodgers must know bekovic is crap

• Like 1