Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Mendy

Him and Tielemans were our best players for me. Youri edges it tho with his two goals but they worked damn hard, defending amazingly and showed great quality when they got on the ball.

Mendy continues to impress me this season.

His composure on the ball is impressive. Especially in tight spaces with a couple of opposition players around him. Likes to find his way out of those tight areas. Youri is good at this too.

I like that he is always an option for wide players and defence to pass to. Must give confidence to other players too knowing how comfortable and reliable he can be on the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, wokinghamfox said:

News..Chelsea have offered us 30 million and N'Golo Kante for Papy Mendy and we've turned it down.

That's hilarious! You know Flumpard must be looking at Mendy and thinking exactly that. Kante is still a legend but the injuries have crept up on him and he just can't perform to the levels he was on with us and his 1st season with Chelksi. Mendy is a Mighty Mouse! has anyone seen some of his cheeky moves to turn a player and get away from? Damn!

• Like 2

I have to admit, I thought he was done but that turn to send Fernandinho running to the stands still sticks out as one of the best plays from us this season. He's grown since that game and in this system I dare not say it but he keeps N'didi out even when he's back. It just shows how great our strength in depth is. 

• Like 2

Papy is pulling up trees at the moment. He frequently played well in a misfiring side under Claude, but he is absolutely magnificent right now. I love a redemption story :wub:.

Kudos to those who brought him in to the club as well, because he is precisely what we needed when Ngolo went, given that we wanted a possession based team. If it wasn't for injuries, Wilf probably wouldn't have been required.

• Like 3

Crazy how we have had kante, ndidi and mendy. Its like winning the lottery 3 times in a row.

Mendy has always been good at passing and retaining possession but its like he has finally fit into this team and he has added several strings to his bow.

Wouldnt surprise me at all if pep comes sniffing.

He continues to surprise and delight me.

Early doors this season I was praising him for his tidy play and pressing. But even then, only a month or so ago, I wouldn't have dreamt he was capable of some of the cheeky little dinked, cultured passes he played tonight.

He is absolutely oozing confidence and it will be a crime if he's dropped playing like this.

8 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Crazy how we have had kante, ndidi and mendy. Its like winning the lottery 3 times in a row.

Mendy has always been good at passing and retaining possession but its like he has finally fit into this team and he has added several strings to his bow.

Wouldnt surprise me at all if pep comes sniffing.

Comes and offers £10m because they are paupers :whistle:

How long did we sign him for? Give him an extra year ASAP regardless of how long it was for. Top notch!

4 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It might be tough for Ndidi to get back in! he has been that good 

I think so! I much rather have Mendy the way he is playing. He may not be as much as Ndidi is a destroyer, but he is much better in getting into right positions to help players out and getting the ball upfield. The slick passing we have now from the back may disappear once Ndidi gets back into the team. Having said that, Ndidi can improve and I think he can (he showed glimpses of it late 2019), so we will need to wait and see. All I hope however is that BR picks the best team rather than who is the bigger name.

• Like 1