Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Ulloa - To Brighton on loan (Page 8)

Message added by davieG

https://www.lcfc.com/news/604904/leonardo-ulloa-joins-brighton-and-hove-albion-on-loan/press-release

Leonardo Ulloa Joins Brighton And Hove Albion On Loan

Leicester City striker Leonardo Ulloa has joined Premier League side Brighton and Hove Albion in a loan deal until the end of the 2017/18 season.

10 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Top scorer in our survival season, massive goals in the title winning season, one of the more important members of our title winning SQUAD

This sort of response is pathetic.

I'm more than happy to forget his attitude for a few weeks last season to remember the fact we may not have been in the prem at all without his goals in his debut season.

All the best Leo.

At least I said goodbye.

Hope he does alright I suppose. 

Necessary move that makes a lot of sense.

Player gets match practice and we can sigh a bit of relief due to wages being taken care of by Brighton.

He knows the club down there by heart and still has plenty to offer up front for them.

Hope you'll be doing well and link up tremendously with Knockaert! All the best for the remainder of the season, Leo!

Sad to see him go. Funny how he's embodied our new Premier League era. I remember the day he signed and the Brighton fans shared that video called 'we mugged Leicester'.

A true hero, thanks Leo!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I wonder if this means Slimani will be staying or we're happy to let both leave this window?

Personally dont think we need any of them.. We could utilize  Iboora as fake target man IF need be or Maguire;)

We could survive with Diabete Vardy and Iheanacho and okazaki

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

Just now, les-tah said:

Personally dont think we need any of them.. We have Iboora as fake target man IF need be or Maguire;)

We could survive with Diabete Vardy and Iheanacho

Completely agree.

After Wednesday we'll be 2/3 the way through of the season. I'm more than happy to just play Vardy or Iheanacho as our No9 and in the unlikely event of them both being out then we still have Okazaki or Diabate able to play that role or even Iborra as a bit of a wildcard if we need a big man up front whilst chasing a game.

I much prefer a smaller squad than padding it out with expensive signings who rarely play.

1 minute ago, Lovejoy said:

I'd let both go. We need to streamline the squad up top.

So would I, if we can get £20m for Slimani we've made the best of what was ultimately a bad buy for us. Slimani was signed as a bit of an impulse buy and I think we thought we were buying Okazaki with better heading and finishing ability. It's not Slimani's fault either as we've never tried to accommodate him by playing to his strengths and statistically he's done very well for us.

I fear though we'll only be able to loan him out. Whilst I thought someone would definitely have him his potential suitors have gone elsewhere. Southampton signed someone from Monaco, Newcastle looking at a PSV striker, West Brom Deeney, etc.

• Like 1

Lost fondness for him after those comments about not playing for the club etc. I think he should of sacked his agent at the time. However, he had a fantastic first impact for the club and played his part in our recent success. Hope he does well for BHA

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, foxoffderby said:

Lost fondness for him after those comments about not playing for the club etc. I think he should of sacked his agent at the time. However, he had a fantastic first impact for the club and played his part in our recent success. Hope he does well for BHA

Agree with this

The word "legend" is overused in modern football. I'm very grateful to Ulloa for 2014/15 and his contributions in the title win, but a legend he is not.

This will be a good move for him and I hope he helps Brighton stay up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

That goal against Norwich was huge. Never let anyone down when called upon and will always be fondly remembered.

Loan is a bit shit but we're going to have trouble selling anyone who has had a new contract since the title win.

It is loan to buy. I don't think his contract would be a problem for any prem club. I would think the problem is the fact he's not played.