Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Up next.. SPURS (H).

48 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think he will play gray up there like he did against Liverpool - that didn’t work too well until nacho came on 

good point. I'd actually quite like to see that - at least there'd be some closing down of defenders and work rate. Guess we'll see. Not hoping for much though.

From memory, I'm pretty sure only one English team (Liverpool) has won in the Nou Camp in the last 60 years. There's been some very good Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal teams have gone there and not won. I know Barca have qualified but it would still be a shock if Spurs won. I think Pochettino is aware of that and won't want to chance losing both these games.

I'll be very disappointed if he sticks with Iheanacho as the lone striker in a 4-2-3-1 again after the performance at Fulham. 

With Vardy out, I'd switch to 4-4-2 and play Okazaki/Gray/Maddison alongside him as a second forward. 

Just goes to show how weak we are in that position, and why it was madness to dispense with Slimani, Musa & Ulloa with no replacement. 

I'd hope for a draw but I fear Spurs will end up winning this convincingly...

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Interesting to see what he does with Iheanacho. Chopping and changing won’t help him but can he afford to keep faith. 

Hope not. You can only flog a dead horse for so long. He needs loaning out to a Championship side to try and get his game on song and/or increase his value so we can offload him in the summer.

• Like 1

As Vardy is still out I'd like to see us go with this...

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Morgan - Maguire - Chilwell

Ndidi - Mendy

Albrighton - Okazaki - Maddison

Iheanacho

Bench - Ward, Evans, Simpson, Fuchs, Iborra, Diabate, Gray

Iheanacho and Okazaki need to start together, they are useless when up front on their own, play them together, go for it and see what happens. Maddison on the left isn't ideal but he needs to start regardless. Maguire straight back in if he's fit enough, Evans on the bench, I wouldn't have Soyuncu in the 18. 

Maybe revert to three at the back as the game goes on.

With Vardy out and Mahrez gone we will struggle to beat a good Spurs team. I do wonder if we will continue with Nacho up front... I could see Gray being played up top if Ghezall is back so we have someone who is at least prepared to high press and chase the ball down. That said, Gray was poor as our striker versus Liverpool when we tried this last. Or perhaps Okazaki will start up top as the lone frontman again.

Will be a tough afternoon and doubt we will get a point, but we raised our game against them in both matches last season, winning at home and coming close away so you never know.

Given the squad update on fitness, I would go:

Kasper

Ricardo    Soyuncu   Maguire    Chilwell 

Ndidi    Iborra

Albrighton    Maddison   Gray

Iheanacho 

Subs: Ward, Evans, Fuchs, Simpson,Mendy, Ghezall, Okazaki

I would give Wes a complete rest as he was also struggling in the week leading up to it fitness wise. Iheanacho frustrating as he is, should lead the line as he offers slightly more goal threat than Okazaki. I would also rest Mendy and use Iborra to try and sit and stop the support for Kane through the middle. 

Spurs will definitely have one eye on Barcelona- a game they probably have to win to stay in the Champions League and it takes place in another country just 72 hours later.

This is a perfect time to play them. Shame JV is missing but the crowd should be up for it, Maddison is on form and well, we've got a chance.

Need a massive improvement from Wednesday, mind.

• Like 1