Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

Arsenal match thread - Sunday 28th at 12.00

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but not improving our strength in depth over January (by either recalling loan players or signing new ones) is really costing us now

Its not even hindsight though is it.  Everyone knew at the time we needed strengthening.  It was seemingly only the club itself which didn't think we did

Just now, City1884 said:

It does sound silly.

Even if we wanted to, fee paying loans can’t be recalled outside of a set window.

Earliest we can recall him is the summer.

Correct; but I reckon Rotherham wouldn't be upset to send Hirst back! 

Maybe we've blocked their number though!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

I know it may sound silly but might be time to consider recalling Ghezzal, seems to be doing alright over there.

How would that help? I'd imagine he's got a clause meaning he can't be recalled and isn't registered in our Premier league squad. 

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

So why is he even in the pitch, surly he himself should tell the management he can't play yet

What choice do we have? He may be passed medically fit to play, but he clearly isn’t match fit. We don’t play him and we’re pretty much done all together. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Babylon said:

“No backup for injuries” That’s just utter nonsense, we’ve got through most of the season dealing with loads of injuries.

The problem is the sheer numbers of them. Nobody can deal with so many players outside of Man City.

That's my point, we can't afford to have players of the sufficient quality to replace the likes of Maddison, Barnes, Vardy etc when they get injured. It's not a criticism as there isn't anything we can do about it

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but not improving our strength in depth over January (by either recalling loan players or signing new ones) is really costing us now

Rodgers just wanted players that would improve what he had, the problem is what he have is now crocked... so guess anyone half decent would have done afterall