Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

Arsenal match thread - Sunday 28th at 12.00

1 minute ago, LeeTheFox said:

No passion, no intensity we literally look Newcastle, absolutely terrible, why does it look like we don’t want to win? 

I imagine the players are a bit shocked at what’s going on. Seeing your mates dropping like flies with injuries will play on your mind. They’re only human.

2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Can someone please tell me what Under brings to the team? He seems to play for himself only. Every time he gets the ball he trys (rarely succeeds) to take a man on, frustrating when there is a simple pass on which would help us move up the pitch into dangerous areas. 

This  and given the ball away for 2 of their goals I think. More Ars goals coming I fear.

Risking my neck a bit posting this at 60 minutes but I think

! /Strong possibility my post when Vardy op happened he had a hernia plus a groin problem was correct. hernia needed op.If correct not sure playing on with groin prooblem is wise.

2/ BR has done wonders in recruitment but is inadequate in inspiration, and tactics. Probably good as a coach for a team happy playing in their own half.

3/ Under must be wondering what exactly he has joined , and why he was asked.

4/ Iheanacho much better up to 60 minutes , actually pressing correctly.My initial assessment of him was based on palace match and wrong.

Summary of above is I knew more when i had before I go BT  sport and saw whole matches.

Obviously should we win 4-3 ill go back to my wiser opinions, Back to the match which I imagine might be 4-1 by now.

Just now, Twitcher said:

Agree with you but....do you think it was the correct decision not to sign a striker in January?

We probably could afford to..... I highly doubt Rodgers sat there obstructing efforts to sign a player, January is a hard enough month as it is to sign players let alone during Covid. We’re not Man United, we can’t just go out and sign pretty much any one we want. The coin has flipped on the wrong side for us. We’ve been largely stunning this season, but we were balancing on a knifes edge since day one, and unfortunately it’s all gone wrong at the same time. 

Rodgers can’t be blamed for that, I still think he’s done a marvellous job. We’ve had rotten luck this season, it’s just sickening it’s come now at the business end and not at the start. 

• Like 3