Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

22 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

So weak for a big guy. Don’t think that we’ve done out due diligence on him!

We must have.  We've been linked with him many times in the past.

I have never been a fan.  Bullet dodged I thought until we contrived to dodge back into the line of fire, but I suppose the context needs to be applied here.  We lost a great defender right at the eve of the new season.  We had to act with Evans also chronically injured.  Perhaps Vestergaard was the best option available?  Perhaps Brendan is a fan of his passing game?  I don't know, but with a budget of £15m and a vanishing time frame, we had to get an unexpected body in, in short order.  I would still prefer to see Big Dan back.

I'm convinced that our problems this season can be traced back to that damned Villareal game.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

A panic buy I feel. The irony being that we slot 9 past Southampton and proceed to buy half their defence 🤣🤣

I rate Bertrand in fairness. 

....very much a situation where we wanted to get someone in who was a senior pro to play alongside Soyuncu!!!

We had enquired about him for some time and we chose to go with his signature as he fitted what we needed. We were aware of his limitations and they have proven to be more insurmountable that we would have expected.

Could not see us picking up a young player with Fofana and Soyuncu also in the backline, it was a judgment call, it seemed to have made sense at the time.

• Like 1

I thought Bertrand was a smart purchase but was unsure on Vestergaard. Speaks volumes that Southampton have looked much better defensively this season without them whereas we're all over the place at the back. We're having to climb a mountain every week conceding 2 goals every game.

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

I thought Bertrand was a smart purchase but was unsure on Vestergaard. Speaks volumes that Southampton have looked much better defensively this season without them whereas we're all over the place at the back. We're having to climb a mountain every week conceding 2 goals every game.

Bertrand is just as bad, thought he would play the Fuchs role with Chilwell, for thomas

Adds depth to a position we desperately needed cover. However he is slow, clumsy, weak, and for a tall guy not great in the air. I wouldn’t start him again unless we are down to the bare bones. He also gives away to many free kicks. 

He would of been okay if he was coming into replace Morgan and we just threw him on every now and again when we need a physical presence at the back. Unfortunately though we have lost our two best centre backs to injury and he has had to be thrust into the starting 11. 

Like many have said he is slow and clumsy. The only thing he brings to the team is a good range of passing.