Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

 4 wins in 34 games and that includes beating an under 21 team. 

This just isn't true though is it

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, CarolinaFox said:

 

Thanks for the clarification. I guess where we disagree is on what was realistic to expect this early on. 
 
Two points per game is promotion form over the course of a season. That's the end target. If the expectation was that we'd already be averaging two points per game after 10 (ish) matches, that feels a bit harsh to me because his teams have always needed time to get going because of the high learning curve of playing his style of football. You're essentially expecting a new manager, a new squad, and a completely different way of playing to all click immediately. In most sports, when a team is rebuilding and learning a new system, there's usually an adjustment period before you see the best version of that team.
 
That doesn't mean the results don't matter or that Leicester shouldn't be aiming for promotion. It just means I think the expectation of being at full speed by October is probably unrealistic given the fact that his teams need time before performances and results really take off. 
 
At the end of the day I'm not saying I wanted Martin, or that I love everything about his football. But I'm trying to stay optimistic. We all love this club and want it to succeed. I think we've sometimes got to embrace change as a process of ups and downs, accept that we aren't in control, and try to stay positive. 

 

Well the alternative is that it's an even bigger points per game return if it takes 10+ games to kick in. Already with 39 games to go it's now 2.09 points per game for the rest of the season to get to 90 (which 3 out of the last 5 hasn't got top 2) and automatic promotion is the requirement set. 

  • Like 1
Posted
8 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

What happened to getting managers on the way up instead of down 

 

it’s a pretty basic concept 

Players and managers. Would be interested to see the track records of our signings, last five years or so who came up to us compared to dropped down. Would imagine the results are pretty startling.

Posted
19 hours ago, jv1 said:

Yep that’s all fair enough and good to have a proper grown up chat  - I find myself trying to balance the argument some times when it gets to negative and I really don’t like the personal stuff - I actually think he comes across as a nice enough bloke - maybe a bit of an ego but he is a professional football manager - I don’t have an issue with that but obviously he has to walk the walk if he is talking the talk 

 

iv also been very close to booing a few times this season so I’m no saint on negativity just to be clear but again trying to find some balance 

 

my stance at the minute is he needs a bit of time (which I know is difficult for many to accept) - it’s not all been bad - having to deal with the crazy turnover of players this summer that isn’t normal in any way and then trying to get over to them how he wants them to play and getting plenty of the kids in the team is a positive  - I think we need to at least give him the opportunity to see if he can make it work - we play some really nice stuff at times but I also get all the arguments about the final thirds - it doesn’t feel like we really have any real penetration at one end and we are asking guys to play football at the back who aren’t comfortable with it - both of those things are on him however I do think we will see improvement- maybe I’m overly optimistic but the more the new 11 play together I believe they will get better and so will results - that’s where I stand - I know it’s a different place to you and plenty of others but cheers for the grown up chat - appreciated 

 

where are your thoughts ?

I do like the fact he has played a lot of the youngsters although for balance, has he had much choice in that? He has still made the comments about experience etc.

 

Regarding the time point, I just don’t think that is the case here, with Martin specifically. He has shown over his managerial career that he is set on his approach and hasn’t displayed any real flexibility to this. We may improve at Martin ball itself in time yes.

 

But the real question is not will we improve at Martin ball but is that approach suited to success in this league. I just really don’t think it is. You need to have a level of traits such as pace and power that we are lacking and technical ability isn’t enough on its own. That’s something we have failed at back to Rodgers to be fair so is not a Martin specific thing. 
 

I’m not hating on and abusing Martin as the issue is bigger than him. The whole idea behind this supposed style is the problem. Would Aiyawatt suddenly see the light if Martin left? Doubtful. It hinges on the club being sold really.

  • Like 4
Posted
10 hours ago, CarolinaFox said:

 

Thanks for the clarification. I guess where we disagree is on what was realistic to expect this early on. 
 
Two points per game is promotion form over the course of a season. That's the end target. If the expectation was that we'd already be averaging two points per game after 10 (ish) matches, that feels a bit harsh to me because his teams have always needed time to get going because of the high learning curve of playing his style of football. You're essentially expecting a new manager, a new squad, and a completely different way of playing to all click immediately. In most sports, when a team is rebuilding and learning a new system, there's usually an adjustment period before you see the best version of that team.
 
That doesn't mean the results don't matter or that Leicester shouldn't be aiming for promotion. It just means I think the expectation of being at full speed by October is probably unrealistic given the fact that his teams need time before performances and results really take off. 
 
At the end of the day I'm not saying I wanted Martin, or that I love everything about his football. But I'm trying to stay optimistic. We all love this club and want it to succeed. I think we've sometimes got to embrace change as a process of ups and downs, accept that we aren't in control, and try to stay positive. 

 

Not been an issue for Birmingham or Cardiff in the last two seasons within League 1. Both had the biggest budget, significant player turnover, new manager and played a possession based style of football. Both were top in September. 

  • Like 2
Posted

Well. It’s clear from some on here that they’ve lost it….

 

It almost looks like Martin is being defended here… yes we are shit, we all know it, but to accept him saying that? And then try and justify it by comparing him to other recent failed managers? Did Cooper call us shit? Did Ruud call us shit? Marti? Rowett? They may have thought it, may have suggested we weren’t very good but they never would have stood there and said it….

 

I get fans have let us down, of course they have, as they’ve been complicit in our demise….. 

 

As have the players, but most of the blame lays in the board room. 
 

But have a bit more about you? I slag this club off left right and centre, but Leicester City existed before this, we weren’t born under King Power, the levels of acceptance amongst some fans is both heart breaking and infuriating. 
 

If the administrators turned up, it would be like a scene from Phoenix nights, we would help them load the assets into their van (a few players they can take with them)….

 

Wheres the fight? Where’s the desire to drag your club out of it? We might be the first club in history to clap itself into none existence. 

  • Like 3
Posted

Trying to work out why he keeps mentioning the number of shots we’ve had.

 

Is that his counter-argument to the charge that his football isn’t entertaining?

 

Or is he trying to say it shows the underlying level of performance is good, and we just need to be better at finishing?

 

On the plus side - at least he didn’t mention possession! 

Posted
2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Well. It’s clear from some on here that they’ve lost it….

 

It almost looks like Martin is being defended here… yes we are shit, we all know it, but to accept him saying that? And then try and justify it by comparing him to other recent failed managers? Did Cooper call us shit? Did Ruud call us shit? Marti? Rowett? They may have thought it, may have suggested we weren’t very good but they never would have stood there and said it….

 

I get fans have let us down, of course they have, as they’ve been complicit in our demise….. 

 

As have the players, but most of the blame lays in the board room. 
 

But have a bit more about you? I slag this club off left right and centre, but Leicester City existed before this, we weren’t born under King Power, the levels of acceptance amongst some fans is both heart breaking and infuriating. 
 

If the administrators turned up, it would be like a scene from Phoenix nights, we would help them load the assets into their van (a few players they can take with them)….

 

Wheres the fight? Where’s the desire to drag your club out of it? We might be the first club in history to clap itself into none existence. 

What if Pearson said it? He said similar in his time and he's still a legend. 

 

I don't like Martin's faffy football at all, but he's not wrong. I don't like the fact he keeps mentioning the amount of shots, yes it shows we're creating chances, but we're losing games. Wed have more if we weren't so slow. 

 

I don't really care what he said, he's not said anything too controversial and we need to move on. He needs to win games and soon

  • Like 1
Posted
13 hours ago, CarolinaFox said:

 

Thanks for the clarification. I guess where we disagree is on what was realistic to expect this early on. 
 
Two points per game is promotion form over the course of a season. That's the end target. If the expectation was that we'd already be averaging two points per game after 10 (ish) matches, that feels a bit harsh to me because his teams have always needed time to get going because of the high learning curve of playing his style of football. You're essentially expecting a new manager, a new squad, and a completely different way of playing to all click immediately. In most sports, when a team is rebuilding and learning a new system, there's usually an adjustment period before you see the best version of that team.
 
That doesn't mean the results don't matter or that Leicester shouldn't be aiming for promotion. It just means I think the expectation of being at full speed by October is probably unrealistic given the fact that his teams need time before performances and results really take off. 
 
At the end of the day I'm not saying I wanted Martin, or that I love everything about his football. But I'm trying to stay optimistic. We all love this club and want it to succeed. I think we've sometimes got to embrace change as a process of ups and downs, accept that we aren't in control, and try to stay positive. 

 

People keep saying high learning curve of his style of football Maresca managed pretty quickly so did Rodgers when he came in they both played possession football. It's not that it's a high learning curve it's thag he is a crap manager who plays self destructing tactics.

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

What if Pearson said it? He said similar in his time and he's still a legend. 

 

I don't like Martin's faffy football at all, but he's not wrong. I don't like the fact he keeps mentioning the amount of shots, yes it shows we're creating chances, but we're losing games. Wed have more if we weren't so slow. 

 

I don't really care what he said, he's not said anything too controversial and we need to move on. He needs to win games and soon

I don't mind him saying the club's been shit. I weirdly commend a bit of unpolished honesty. It probably wasn't wise to say, but he was unaware he was filmed and he was frustrated.

 

For me, it's the wording he chose which reveals more about his mindset. He could've said "we", he could've said "the club/team/performances", but he chose "you". This was subconscious and not premeditated. And it reveals he's not seeing himself as part of the club (he is an employee after all) and maybe even that he's not part of the problem. And that irks me.

 

Fans generally mind when players act like mercenaries. You're meant to show some loyalty and professionalism at the club you ply your trade for. It's no different for managers or other staff at the club.

Edited by shen
  • Like 3
Posted
2 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Trying to work out why he keeps mentioning the number of shots we’ve had.

 

Is that his counter-argument to the charge that his football isn’t entertaining?

 

Or is he trying to say it shows the underlying level of performance is good, and we just need to be better at finishing?

 

On the plus side - at least he didn’t mention possession! 

Because he is 14th in the 3rd division and should be clinging onto his job 

Posted

We have two Home Saturday 3pm kick offs and an away trip to Bromley. If we don't get wins in at least 2 of these games then for me he has to go because if it doesn't start happening now, I can't see him ever getting a run of wins together 

Posted
On 08/10/2026 at 10:33, 5waller5 said:


This is what the fan should have been prepared to counter with.
 

If he wants to play undercover journalist and wait for an hour after the game, ask better questions than “I’m from Exeter, why are you a twat?”

Yeah there is a lot he could have rebutted, the fact his numbers were way off for a start, it was closer to 100 shots over the last 5 games, 35% of which came against a team of 8 teenagers and another 20 against a team playing 70 minutes with 10 men

 

Imagine bragging about your total shots, inflating it by 35% and ignoring the fact over half of those came against teenagers and a 10 man side, and that we actually only won 2 of those 5 games

 

Absolute clown

  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...